Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Baby Sling



I highly reccomend this thing. I have a ruptured disk in my neck and it flares up so bad sometimes. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10lbs. Is that possible for anyone? NO! Especially when I have a big spoiled baby. I put him in one of those snuggli front back packs and was in such a bad mood for the next couple of days because I was in a lot of pain. Who knows exactly what caused that pain, but I bet carrying Isaac in that didn't help.

I really wanted a hip hammoc but didn't get one before Isaac was born so thought I could mannage. I went to a baby consignment store to get one finally and saw this. I was able to try it before buying it. It's http://www.hotslings.com/. I just checked and they're having a summer sale where they're half price for some. They cost $60 though and that's way too much for me. I found it for way less than the sale price. I made one in a different color b/c it's easy to make if you have one to copy.


Here's the one I made. I nursed Isaac in it in the mother's lounge at church. When I was done, I carried him to Primary where I teach the 7 year olds and had somebody take a picture of us b/c it's a different way to wear it (and the baby).
This thing is so comfy and folds like a blanket so I can keep it in the diaper bag. Way better than the bulky straps and bucles! (I tried on a hip hammoc in the store and some other adjustable sling w/ way too much fabric.) That's the good thing about the packages already being opened.

Just thought I'd share!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(from Marcie)

I LOVE my hotsling!! I use it everyday! I got mine pretty cheap on ebay... I'm not as talented as you... That's great that you can make them!

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

I want one!!

Danielle said...

I love that. I wish I could make one!

The Cardines said...

Love the sling idea! If I ever am in need of one of them again, I'll definitely be asking you how you make them, because I especially like the fact that you can breastfeed discretely, that was always a challenge for me.