Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thoughtful Easter

I'm so lucky to be surrounded by good people.
I'm sad to have lost my church youth counselor, Danielle, but I got great new ones to help me with the girls.
It reminds me of a song from brownies (girl scouts.) Part of it goes like this I think:
"Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver, and the other gold."
Anyway, I mentioned before how I didn't even make Dylan an Easter basket this year. What's wrong with me? Well part of it was that I've been stressing about $ and the other part is that I didn't want to contribute to more things to pack when it's time. Steven made me feel guilty about it b/c Dylan would really like it and would get excited about it this year and it's Isaac's 1st Easter. It was too late though. At church, one of my counselors gave me a cute Easter frame for Isaac (perfect gift for me) and this Easter basket for Dylan. She filled it with perfect stuff! There was a blue stuffed bunny, of course, but the rest was too perfect. She gave us, (I mean Dylan) bubbles. I almost bought some the other day and Steven said we didn't need them. I thought we did b/c when we were at the park the other day, he was playing with a little girls' bubbles and was having the time of his life. There was one piece of chocolate. What's an Easter basket without chocolate? She just put one in there, which is good b/c she may have felt she would need to ask before giving candy to my kid. It was great b/c it was white chocolate, which is my favorite, AND it makes less mess! I ate half of it:) The other thing is amazing. My parents always gave us a book in our Easter baskets. That's what I felt most guilty about not getting Dylan. She gave Dylan a book, and an educational one AND it had a DVD! Anyone who knows Dylan knows he likes to roar at anything that roars or that he thinks might be scary. They also know that he likes DVDs. We watch them when I'm a lazy mom and am not in the mood to find a creative way to get him to do something productive when he's having a mini tantrum. He also watches them in the car. I was thinking of how I should get some educational ones. This one's a tiger one, National Geographic style. I let Dylan open it after the park. Steven and he watched the DVD and were both intrigued by it. Yay for thoughtful friends who pick up my slack!!


No comments: