Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Florida Easter

I was taking it for granted that we have have green grass. I was wishing there were flowers at the botanical gardens and wishing that we had gotten Malia and Dylan together for an Easter egg hunt in a flowery place. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Well, until I look at my life in perspective. We have beautiful palm trees, and the grass really is greener here, literally! I looked at some other families' Easter egg hunts or family pictures, and the grass isn't green at all! There are spurts of green and they have many many other things to be happy about, but we had quite an Easter. It started out with the Keaster pictures, and went on for days. I'm not a great photographer and my photos are grainy or green or from wierd angles, but the memories are going to be the BEST. A year ago, I wouldn't have even noticed the picture quality anyway. I should appreciate that I'm learning more and more and that my family's growing and, while I'm on it, the real reason for Easter. I spoke with the youth in my church class about the real meaning of Easter and how to separate it from the bunnys and candy. (Of course I handed out jelly beans after our discussion, but it was a good discussion!) It's humbling to know what our Savior did for us and it's pretty cool that we have a whole holiday to celebrate it. I love that it's on a Sunday each year so we get to go to church (or two) so we can listen to sermons and talks about our Savior and the good news. I hope everyone had some good "green grass" to be thankful for in their Easter this year.

So the reason I got on the subject(s) is because I was looking through these pictures from Andre's house. He had all the Fegers over for dinner. Then he and Rita hid eggs for the kids. Wow, didn't have to do anything this year! Look at his amazing back yard. It's a tropical oasis. Gabrielle even went swimming! She kept going back in too. Where else in the world can you have this much family fun?
hiding the eggs
finding the eggs
twins
sharing
oooooh! a treat inside!
hunting for eggs IN the pool
Cousins

Family Photo!
What's a party without hanging out by the tiki bar and dancing pool-side?!

No comments: