Friday, December 28, 2007

My Mom's

I think that part of the reason I woke up so early and made beakfast our first Christmas so that I could still go to my mom's house like I had for the twenty-something years before. Each year it gets easier to accept that I have my own family now, and I'm not as eager to rush to my mom's. I enjoy my own little family. Of course I still want to go, but I'm not in as much of a rush. I was sad that I missed Stephen and Lindsey though. They had already left for thier mom's house. Dylan wore his cute sweater and hat, but only for one picture. It was seriously a hot Christmas- upper 70's.

Don has an old train that he hadn't gotten out of storage since he was a kid. It's an antique and works really well. It even does some cool tricks.
We opened even more presents and played with the toys.JT looks like he's ready for a nap, but my mom is happy w/ her picture desk calendar from Dylan.
Dylan also got a lot of Diego things. He's so lucky! Thanks Santa, Mom, and Malia!

We got to talk to my brother, Martin on the phone. That's a special treat b/c he's in Mexico on a mission for our church. He gets to talk to his mom only on Christmas and Mother's Day. We conference called in some other family too. My mom gets so nervous that we won't be able to make the connection and we'll miss getting to talk to him. She's laughing finally here though:)
Uncle Matt the jungle gym
We had a cook out for dinner before we headed for the beach.

No comments: