Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Time Fun

The park has a big mailbox that will take letters right to the North Pole. I decided that Dylan and Malia should write their first letters to Santa. I bought some crayons (Dylan has only used restaurant ones) and got out cards. I also let them color on some wooden ornaments while they were at it. Dylan uses both hands. Here he's eating a sugar cookie with his left hand and coloring with his right hand. Malia is using her right hand, but it looks awkward.
The cookie is on the ground which freed up his left hand. Malia switched to her left hand. I think she's more comfortable with that one like her daddy.Back to the right hand. Malia is interested in what he's secretly drawing on his ornament.Then they asked for different colors by name. We should color more often! They switched hands again.All done! They're proud of themselves.They're proudly holding up their letters/cards to Santa w/ their Christmas crafts

We loaded up and went to the park. They were so cute running yo the mailbox.
LOOK at that tree!
Almost there, Malia!
These next pictures are the cutest I think. They're self explanatory. I took a bunch:





Dylan is signing "jump" b/c he wants me to help him jump down.
NOW Dylan wants to see Santa's sleigh.
They were putting "ornaments" on these trees. Who knows what treasures the city workers will find when they go to take them down.
After the long day at the park, it was back home. The kids were all sweaty b/c it was so hot.
They got apples for a snack. They were sitting so quietly. Then I noticed the mess. My friend returned our Bumbo seat to us and Dylan has been loving it. He still squeezes into it. It's for an infant when he/she can hold his/her head up. It's pretty funny. Dylan will probably be crawling all over the baby stuff when I get it all back out.
I don't remember what I was doing as I ignored these two, but I finally got my camera to capture what they were doing. I had cleaned under our couches and found the missing balls to this ball popper. I keep it in the closet and it kept these two company for at least a half hour. They played so well together all day. Oh, and you can see Dylan's sweaty hair still from the park. I gave in and turned the air on. When's it going to cool down here?

2 comments:

The Stevens said...

Those are so cute of them a the mailbox, I love it. Oh yes, Dylan loves his ball popper too.

The Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.