Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pet Peeves

Lacey tagged me, so here are some of my pet peeves (a non picture post):

1. being tagged. No, when blogging it's different than in email for some reason. I don't mind here - as you see below.

2. email forwards and chain letters. Even if they're good ideas or sweet thoughts or sad things to ponder, they are a big fat waste of time for me. I usually don't even open them, but if it's from someone new who hasn't sent me a forward, then I'm always disappointed.

3. that candy is bad for you (not a pet peeve I know but I'm eating it and am feeling guilty)

4. when batteries run out especially on cameras. Luckily my parents got me a back up for mine - thank you!!!

5. people who smoke when they're pregnant or have kids.

6. when Steven doesn't put is seat belt on in my car and the beeping sound takes forever to stop

7. slow computers.

8. when food expires. It makes me not want to cook ever b/c I get groceries but don't plan on what night I will be available to cook then the food expires before I can get to it. It's cheaper to go out to eat.

9. that shows that are on right before bed give me night mares (like law and order)

10. lazy wedding photographers (not mine luckily, but I've been to weddings and receptions where I wanted to take the photographer's camera from him so it would get some use)

11. bad words on the radio. I want to listen, but am self conscious w/ kids in the car now. I'm not cool enough to download my own play lists, so the radio should be good enough.

12. poor communicators. I'd like a reply back on emails or a call back if someone can or can't do something; if you like my idea or not. Like RSVPing or things like that. It's fine if it'll take a while, but tell me. I don't like waiting or wondering.

13. meetings that could take place over email/phone. Don't people realize that we could take advantage of technology? (A song from Kip just popped into my head.) We end up saying "send me a copy of that, will ya?" anyway. I have to either take Dylan or get a babysitter for some pretty silly meetings sometimes.

14. when uploading/downloading/transfering pictures takes FOREVER or blogger won't let me do it and I keep getting error messages or boxes with a big red "X" in them. What a PAIN! I have two posts that are just drafts b/c the pictures won't load.

Right now I'm in a pretty good part of life I think. I have normal "old lady" symptoms of being pregnant like where I'm hot all the time and clothes are cutting into my big belly and my back hurts, but I don't have much to complain about. At least I finally look pregnant and not just fat. I'm not overly tired any more. Steven does all the house work. I love my job and love the hours even more. Dylan and Malia are fairly predictable and are lots of fun. I have good friends (whom I should call more). I have a working camera and the Internet and yes Lacey, a cell phone! I'm not in school so that looming feeling I've had for years and years and years that I need to study is gone. The weather's great, and everyone in my family is healthy.

2 comments:

The McKays said...

I like that you finished yours off with some positive thoughts. I felt bad after writing my post because I was afraid I might have insulted some people. Mine were pretty harsh. I think forwarded emails bug me more now, ever since you mentioned that you don't like them. Since then, I have realized what a total waste of time they are. People need to get a life! See? There I go, being harsh again!

Tiffany Feger said...

It's true though! time wasters are aweful!