Friday, October 19, 2007

Going to the ZOO zoo zoo, you can come TOO too too

That's a Raffi song about momma taking us to the ZOO zoo zoo.

I thought I was going to have another amazing day at the beach Wednesday, but Danielle had a better idea. She has never been to the zoo here and I have the pass. It was a cloudy day, so not a good beach day anyway. It was good b/c although we're both pregnant and always hot, it was bearable b/c the sun wasn't blaring down on us. It was just humid. We all fit in my car and it was yet another practically perfect day. Malia came over at 8, Danielle and Liam came over a little after that, I cleaned up last minute things b/c some people came to look at the house while we would be gone, and we were off by about 9am! The Zoo wasn't crowded at all so the strollers didn't have to fight camp kids to have front row seats to look at the tigers and bears etc. They napped on the way home and up until it was time for me to babysit. I had a meeting at church and the young women were able to watch Dylan while they did thier activity. We came home, Dylan played w/ Daddy, then fell asleep in my arms while I tried to upload pictures and sang Primary songs to him. Life is good:)
_________________________________________
Danielle and I both wanted to go see the monkeys first. Last time we got to see the monkeys eat fruit that was passed through the fence. That was pretty cool, but this time the baby had a blue silky blankie like Dylan loves! The baby chimp is Malia's age, his birthday is November 2005 too! The babies really liked watching him play w/ his blankie - carrying it all over the place.




We had left over tokens from last time, so we went on the carosel ride for the first time. The kids loved sitting on their animals, but Malia did NOT like it when it started moving. Dylan started to get upset too, but just 'til I stood next to him. Malia's usually the brave one. Liam LOVED every minute of it and kept smiling and laughing.


Even thought the sun wasn't really out, it was still definately hot enough to play in the water. You can see Dylan's new crocs in the picture, I had him wear his matching swimsuit so I could get a shot or two for you:)




Of course, the sleepy carseat picture, always a classic after fun outings.

No comments: