Monday, October 1, 2007

Dental Hygiene Symposium

I spent 4 days at the Orlando Airport Hyatt hotel for the Florida Dental Hygiene Association's annual session. I was a delegate representing the West Coast district. We had a lot of meetings about amending our Bylaws etc. I also took some continuing education classes. The most expensive part of the weekend was having to go out and buy some maternity clothes! (no, they were cheap.) The hotel was paid for and we took coolers with breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
I went with some friends, but I still missed Dylan and Steven! The good part is that I can talk to Dylan on the phone now. He said "ni-night" to me each night. He and Steven had a good time. Steven took him to see another dome IMAX movie and to see alligators in a nearby park. They saw 3 up close! Steven taught Dylan how to try to hold up 3 fingers so he could tell me about it when I got back. Dylan can hold up 1, 2, or 5 fingers - 3 is too dificult. Dylan must have had fun b/c he didn't have to brush his teeth for 4 days or take a bath except for once! He also stayed up really late - it was a "boys only" weekend!

When I got back I just loved everything about Dylan. He is so cute and happy and energetic. He runs around and plops himself on the floor then rolls around and laughs. It was fun to play with him when I got home. I thought about getting out the video camera but I didn't want to miss any part of it, so I'll keep that to myself I guess.


Look how huge my tummy is. This is the 1st pic we took and the first time I've seen MYSELF on camera in a long time. (I take pictures of Dylan instead.) I decided to NOT be on the end of pictures as if that's why I look so wide. Over photoshopped red eyes (I'm learning I guess). This was at the appreciation reception.
The Delegates from Pinellas County on the "House" floor
Lisa, who came all the way from California!, Floyd, me, Angie, and Holly
Holly and me with some Nicole, Lisa, and Bre (active students). This was the last day. I think we were all excited that the last "house" was over (where we vote on issus.) My bow is untied. Oh well.

No comments: