Thursday, October 2, 2008

Why Why Why?

Dylan has entered the "Why?" phase of toddlerhood. I'm waiting for "why is the sky blue?" one.

I actually took him to this park accross from the playground so that I could get a video of him asking his "why" series. I wanted the outside light for the video. I was so happy when he actually started asking why! This was take 1! He actually stumped me here. He was asking easier questions before.

Dylan is talking a lot. He chatters and asks questions all the time. He asks if I like certain foods or videos and in turn tells me what animals and toys are his favorites or which ones are scary. Speaking of scary, he points to the knives on the dinner table and tells me they're sharp and how he isn't supposed to touch them. He understands that some things are for mommys and daddys and other things are for him. He will hand me my camera or phone if it is on the ground because he thinks I misplaced them and he knows they belong to me. He knows how to share and is doing okay with that. He's still potty trained in the daytime- yay for me! He is a good helper. He makes associations and I think I can see him think. He does now how to argue and will do so when he's tired but will stop and go right to time out if told without a fight. He's such a sweet boy and his teachers say he eats well and always has "good days." I still call and check up on him and even pick him up early. I even woke him up from his nap last week to pick him up early. It was so sweet seeing him sleep on the cot sheet I sewed for him. I'm happy the teachers let him use it b/c it had to be certain regulation size. It's out of the same fabric as his favorite green blanket.

So that's the update on my favorite 2-1/2 year old - why? Because I said so.

(I'll have to use that one next series of whys.)

1 comment:

betsey said...

too cute! He is so big!Are you feeling like you are old enough to be a mom of such a big boy?