Friday, October 31, 2008

Trunk-Or-Treat

Our church had a fun Halloween party. They have trunk-or-treating in the parking lot after the dinner, games, and costume contest. There are prizes for how decorated the trunk of your car is. It's fun and safe for the kids.
I took Dylan around while Steven and Isaac passed out the candy from out trunk. We didn't decorate out trunk, maybe next year.
Uncle JT already changed out of his costume here. He and my mom wore Don's Navy uniforms. They both fit, pretty cool last minute costumes if you ask me!
My kids were the primates.
Isn't this little gypsy girl so cute?! She's just a little younger than Isaac.
There was a chili (or soup) cook off. I actually made my own version of white chicken chili in a crock pot. I felt a sense of accomplishment. I dressed up my kids and made the chili, and remembered candy for our trunk. I figure I'll dress up and decorate my car next year. Isaac ate a lot of the chicken noodle soup.
Kid costumes are so fun. McKenzie loves Isaac. She has a little brother a little older than Isaac, but much skinnier. She always begs me to hold him when we're in primary because I have to take Isaac with me.
I loved this family's costumes. They were Alvin and the Chipmunks. The mom was Claire and the dad was Dave. They even sang the chipmunks song for us. The adults dressed up too. See Claire and Dave in the middle? How about Sheera, and the crayons family.Isaac was entertained by the pumpkin flash light.

It looks like he's telling ghost stories, so let's pretend he is. Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

[in training] julie b said...

I love all the fun costumes! I think our ward is the only one that does the trunk or treating on Halloween night. I can't decide if I want to try and get our trunk decorated for the event either. Also! I don't know if I ever replied about the car seats in December. That won't be a problem at all, just let me know round about dates. Have a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I especially like the one of Isaac crawling in his monkey costume. And I love the Roberts family! What a perfect idea! :) And I also wish I had someone's old Navy uniform to wear as a costume tonight! I don't have any good ideas. Maybe I'll just stay home anyway, since I only got 4 hours of sleep the last two nights because of editing deadlines...

Holly said...

Tiffany, I love your blog! You are so good at it and so witty. Your boys are adorable, I can't wait to see them at the wedding. I think Dylan was barely crawling last time we were there. That's way too long to not see family. They look so cute as primate brothers! I think Julie and I dressed up as sailors like that when we were teenagers, that's fun. You'll have to give me some pointers on how to blog, I'm a novice. Happy Halloween!

betsey said...

The Boys looks great. I think you did great work, making soup, getting the boys out the door and dressed. I lost Nora's costume after our first Halloween activity, so she hasn't dressed up except for that one time. I have NO IDEA where I lost it! Oh well.