Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Uncles on the beach

My brother stayed w/ us for the weekend. He likes to sleep, but lucky for me, he can still babysit while sleeping.
On Saturday we went to the beach. We ate first. It's a good restaraunt for my kids b/c it's okay for Dylan to play under the table.
And for Isaac to play with his food (a tomato) Dylan wanted to be like his Uncle JT on the skim board
JT skimmed circles around us
while Dylan jumped over the waves
Dylan gave skimming one try. He fell off and had me kiss his bottom. See him holding his little tushy in this clip?

He only tried it once, so JT continued.
Isaac gave it a try, but I'm not sure he has any leg muscles under his fat rolls yet. Dylan climbed back on b/c he thought it was safe too.
He trusted his uncle to take him for rides out in the water splashing over the little waves
and gliding out ahead
Lucky for Dylan, he has two uncles who live here We had fun on land too

Uncle Andre and Steven played paddle ball when they joined us after hanging out w/ the other cool people
Isaac hung out with me
They both got sandy, of course
Even though we went with Steven and uncles, I still manage to not have enough hands to carry everything. This was a self portrait. Not flattering, but it makes me smile. This is how I roll.

2 comments:

Amber Ayres said...

I love "the way you roll" you're a super mom! and I can't believe how big your little bro is!

Anonymous said...

This was a fun post to read. It was like a play-by-play with everything documented with pictures. What cute kids you have! And I love the self-portrait. You have all this stuff to remember to do and bring, and somehow you do it all and still even remember to wear earrings that match your swimsuit! I agree with Amber: you're Super Mom!