Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Midnight Magic

Magically, this stuff gets done overnight. In stead of wishing there were more hours in the day, I just stay up late. I'm not always in the mood to loose sleep, so these projects have taken a while to complete. I'm pretty happy with the results though. We got estimates for window treatments in our living room. It was over $500. Steven was ready to have them come out to our house for a more accurate custom estimate. I told him that I could beat that price and we could save (yea right) for a camera. I warned him that they would probably look home made, but we agreed. I ordered fabric for a different project from fabric.com (thanks for that tip, Lacey) and Steven liked it more than all of the examples from the drapery store we were looking through. It actually matches the walls and has blue in it for the couches. I made some pillows (and will make more, I just moved them for the pics) from a cheap table runner that I liked. It had tassels on it and I repositioned it. Way cheaper than buying the fabric and tassels! I'm going to make more pillows from the curtains' fabric b/c Steven thinks it'll tie the room together:) I learned an easy way to do pinch pleats in the curtains, something that a well-rounded mom would like. These curtains don't close, but we decided we didn't need them to close ever. So the cost of curtains was $72. Oh, then the tie back tassels were expensive, they were $14 each, but I had to have something so it looks like they are supposed to be open-always. One more thing. They look short, but I kinda did that on purpose so I can vaccuum without worry. If it bothers me, I can let the hem out.

The fabric (chocolate truffle or something yummy sounding, our paint colors are all foods too)Darren built us this entertainment center. He did a good job, don't you think?! What should I put on it under the TV? A set of candles on a tray thingy? more pictures? (I'm kidding about that.) Nothing? I put our wedding scrap book on it.
I also covered the mats and framed some of the spaghetti pics. Steven wants retakes, but this will do 'til we're rich.
I already showed these curtains I made for the play room, but look at the cute silhouettes that Lacey did for me! Don't you just love them?! I do. They match the play room perfectly too - primary colors and the same green and light blue! They're good Christmas gifts, or even birthday gifts.
Just another example of Lacey's handiwork. Just like I imagined/ordered!

7 comments:

betsey said...

This looks so beautiful! I'm very impressed with your handiwork! Great job Tiffany! I LOVE the sillouetes! I just found some that I made when I was a little girl. I have to contact Lacey about getting some made, they look great!

tarable said...

Wow, Tiffany, your house looks great! The curtains are beautiful (but I would let the hem out & just lift them to vacuum) and I'm super impressed you did all those pillows from a table runner, including tassels. You're inspiring me to do a little more at my house.

I love the silhouettes. I did some of my boys too & love that you see that look all around right now. It looks extra great with boys - as you've shown.

thanks for the link too

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

I just typed out a whole ton of comments and then they disappeared! Very strange and frustrating. My whole day has been kind of like that today. Oh well, in short, it all looks amazing!

Danielle said...

Those are wonderful. I would never guess they were homemade. You seriously are super mom, you can do everything. I absolutely love the pillows!! I hope you get your new camera!!!

Lindsay said...

I need your help with this stuff! I dont' have any idea how to sew or anything. I do need curtains for my windows. I will talk to you about it on Saturday!!

Amber Ayres said...

I didn't know you could sew! YOU AMAZE ME EVERYDAY TIF!

The Stevens said...

Hey Tiffany, everything turned out great. Way to go!!