Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We found Nemo!

Dylan found a favorite movie. He likes Finding Nemo now. He likes a lot of the scenes, but his absolute favorite is the "Eee Ah Eee Ah ee ah ee ah" part. It's scene 12 on his DVD where the fish oficially welcome Nemo into the "fraternity of tankhood" (they want him in their club if he can swim through the ring of fire).

Dylan now wakes up in the morning doing the "fish" sign and saying "Ee ah ee ah ee ah." There's a part where the tank fish have some initiation ceramony where they chant "Wah hoo wah ee ooh ah ah hah, wah hoo wah ee Ooh ah ah hah" over and over. It's kind of a scary part but Steven started liking it and would chant it in his deep voice and Dylan loved it. He hands me the remote 'til I cue it up to that scene for him. I don't think he'll ever get tired of it. Oddly, I'm not tired of it yet either. I only wish that he could cue it himself b/c I DO get tired of getting the remote b/c the DVD player is slow to recognize my commands.


ANYWAY, I've been wanting to take him to the Florida Aquarium again. We took him and Malia a long time ago but they didn't appreciate it like they did today. Danielle has a membership there so we went for free with her and Liam the 1st time then again for free without her today. (She was sick.) My friend April, her son Eithan, Dylan, Malia, and I and my belly had a fun time. Malia says "Feesh! feesh! feesh!" while signing it. Dylan just waved a lot and said "Ohhhh" a lot. I felt bad keeping them in the double stroller the whole time we were there, but it was so crowded that I wasn't up to running in two directions at once.
Dylan got to see a live "Nemo fish" there. He smiled but mostly just stared and contently sucked his thumb. I was more excited than he was. He would have been happier if "brother blow" (the blow fish on Finding Nemo) started chanting.
We also got to see some "snAPs" there. That's what he calls alligators. He snaps his hands on top of one another and says "NAP." It's cute to me. There were lots of other people waiting for photos in front of them, so we'll get pictures next time.

No comments: