Monday, August 20, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Steven and I have now been married for 5 years!

I saw that my cousin Julie and her husband had a great idea to switch off planning something for their anniversaries. Julie does the odd years I think. I mentioned it to Steven who thought it was a great idea since he usually did all of the planning.

So, I decided to plan something. I have the email of some of his friends at work, so I took a ton of balloons over for her to fill his office with. She couldn't fit them all in her car, so I decorated Steven's car when he was at work with the rest of them. The party store had 3 kinds of "5" balloons and I got them all. I thought they'd be good and rediculous in Steven's office. Someone who saw me put these on the car assumed it was someone's 55th birthday. Oh well. He usually works late, so we just took Dylan to Steven's mom's house for the evening and we went to dinner at a restaraunt I've been wanting to try out for over a year - Pacific Wave. We almost went once but felt too casually dresses. We were right! Each entre was around $30 and the salad was a lot extra. The salad was delicious and worth it!*

We decided to go somewhere else for desert, so we went to Ceviche. That was delicious! Nobody could say I wasn't showing after that! We didn't take any pictures. It doesn't feel natural to take pictures of ourselves when Dylan's not there.

The next day Steven helped his mom cut down some wasp-infested bananna trees and picked up Dylan while I watched my cousin's cute girls. We napped then went on a fun excursion! (This is the part I planned this year.) We chartered a sailboat for sunset - a "sloup." Steven and his friends want to rent a sail boat and sail to an island in the Caribean for Steven's 30th birthday, so I figured this would be fun. B/c we're not rich even though we were acting like it, Darren and Corrie went too. So the four of us and our captain casted off a little after 6pm. It was a fairly big sailboat w/ a basement. Darren was pretty giddy that he got to help so much. They did all of the ropes stuff and took care of raising the sails etc. Steven was at the heln most of the time though we all took turns. When I went up there, the wind picked up and we were about to do a 180 so the captain took over. He said it wasn't my fault, but the boys think it's pretty funny that the same thing happened again only when it was Corrie's turn. She thought we were going to tip over. Look at the horizon and my crazy hair:There was a storm that followed us out, but it went past us the other way. We went about 6.4 knots out then a little slower back. We were gone about 3 hours. It was fun! Of course Steven and Darren think they're ready to go w/o a captain next time. The sun was going down - last picture:We hadn't eaten dinner before, so we took cheese and crackers, strawberries, and sparkeling grape juice. Corrie made two kinds of cookies too! We were still a little hungry so we ate at Frenchy's since we don't get up to Clearwater Beach much. All I wanted were the fish tacos, but since it was probably a mystery fish, I decided that I should probably eat something else. (I did have a delicious bite of Steven's.)

So, that's our Anniversary weekend together. Steven's live-like-you're-rich weekend continued the next day when he went sky-diving w/ Andre and Rita b/c it was her birthday. Steven was pretty excited that he had to sign death wavers twice in one weekend. How adventurous! Even if I wasn't pregnant I don't have that desire to go jumping out of an airplane. Zip lining in Costa Rica was amazing enough for me. *This pregnancy has been so different from my last one. Before I craved watermellon, ice water, and berries. With this one, I needed the saltines to calm my tummy and I really like pickles! The other thing I've been craving is good seafood - the expensive kind:) I want lobster and crab leggs but would settle for a blackened grouper sandwich. Out of those three, I'm only supposed to have crab which is expensive and not offered that many places we go. I just heard that lobster is the roach of the sea - yuck! Oh well, at Pacific Wave, I ate the the special that ended up being pricy, but it was one of the fish that wasn't on my "no no list" and it was a special occastion!

1 comment:

The McKays said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! Looks like you had fun! I love the sunset pic and the close up of you (Tiff) is gorgeous! You look like you could be a model! Oh, wait...you are a model. I almost forgot! :)