Monday, July 30, 2007

MMSM- 10 things I can't live without


My friend Shannon has a weekly blog carnival that I occasionally participate in. This week's is on 10 things (not people or ideas etc) that I can't live without. This is my list in no particular order:

1. a car. I really don't care what kind of car I have as long as it's in good condition. - I liked my 2-door scion TC but it had to go when I found out I was pregnant b/c I couldn't picture pushing the seats forward to lift the heavy car seat out of the back seat. I have a Toyota Camry now. We're going to get a mini-van when this next one comes b/c I will still be babysitting my friend's baby and she's expecting another baby a month before I am. Then I'll need a minimum of 4 back seats for car seats. We will be getting a Toyota mini van of some kind b/c Andre sells them and has always gotten us the "insider's deal," or at least that's what he tells us:)

2. Eye liner and mascara - the tips of my eye lashes are blonde and I don't have time for all that other make up. I always apply in the car - even on the way to a nice dinner or wedding.

3. Sleep. Even when I'm not pregnant I treasure my sleep.

4. my cell phone. We don't have a house phone and I never want one. It's so convenient and portable and simple and necessary. Let me know when they come out with waterproof ones though b/c Dylan threw my last one in the pool and I had to borrow my friend's for a couple of weeks.

5. Sunshine. I live in the sunshine state and love it. I'd be happy anywhere else as long as there's sunshine and water I can play in (for free like the beach, lake, or close pool)

6. email. It's more convenient to email than to call people with important information. I can just look back in old emails to refresh my memory.

7. my camera. I have a waterproof one now and it's such a great invention. If I break a camera I freak out and Steven goes and gets me a new one so fast. Now I have a back-up. I've thought about giving it to someone w/o a digital camera before but have been so glad that I'm not charitable w/ it when I've needed it as a back up. I'm selfish w/ it, but I do think I use it more than someone who hasn't splurged and gotten one yet. It's a necessity!

8. hygiene stuff like a toothbrush, shampoo AND CONDITIONER, and soap.

9. photos and the ability to edit them on my computer. I don't have a good memory so I would be lost w/o pictures. I also don't keep a journal as well as I should so pictures help me.

10. Dylan's blankets. Dylan may be too old for his blankets and thumb, but life is miserable w/o a blanket. He calms himself down if I hand him a blanket.

1 comment:

shannon said...

you're never too old for something that makes you calm!! let Dylan keep his blankets!