Friday, August 10, 2007

Toddler Date Night

Dylan and Malia will grow up side-by-side whether they like it or not. Today they liked it. They played all morning and shared scrambled eggs and cheerios for breakfast. Then they took a really long nap at the same time (they're pretty good at that) and I had to wake them up so we could go have a fun afternoon. We drove to the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. Malia tried sharing her water the whole way but couldn't reach Dylan and didn't want me to help pass it.

They took turns running ahead to say "EESH" (fish) and had fun running free. Last time I took them, I kept them in the stroller. This time Malia's mom and dad went so they could discover more on their own. We also had time to go play at the "explor-a-shore." They changed into their swimsuits and played in the short gysers and water animals and slide. The cutest part was at the end when they held hands like they were on a date. I have them hold hands when we cross the street if I only have one free hand, but this is cute. Malia led Dylan around and he held on! If someone was running me into the doorway, I might let go, but they held tight. This picture is a cute one of Dylan getting ready to sign "snap!" for alligator. On the way home, they started making kissing noises. I couldn't see b/c I was driving, so this is my attempt to get it on video:

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Very, very, cute!! I am so glad that you are using that pass because I haven't and it expires on the 18th! Wouldn't it be funny if they got married someday!!

Tiffany Feger said...

Thank you so much Danielle!

The McKays said...

That is SO cute!! I'm wondering though, are you the one driving? If so, I'm very impressed with your ability to drive and video tape children at the same time. Mommies are so good at multi-tasking! Not that I'm promoting multi-tasking while driving...Ha! Ha!

The McKays said...

Oh, and I love the pics of them holding hands too.

Tiffany Feger said...

I'm not saying if I was driving or not, but, that's why I traded in my car for an automatic one when I found out I was pregnant w/ Dylan. I just knew I'd need that left leg to hold the wheel sometimes instead of pushing in the clutch.