Saturday, May 26, 2007

Raising Boy(s)

I'm helping my friend with her 3 boys while she's away. We're having so much fun!
Yesterday we got to go see Shrek 3. It was in the middle of the day so I didn't feel bad taking Dylan. Plus, it was showing every 30 min so I knew the theater wouldn't be packed. It's Dylan's 2nd movie theater movie. His 1st one was when we went to Jake's 10th birthday party so those boys have been there for both of his movies. He was a little wiggly the first half, but not bad and not loud. About half way through I had to take him out to change him and get refils then he sat still on my lap for the rest of the show with the other 3 boys.
Today we went for a swim in the morning. The water was a little cold so we just splashed and threw toys and let Jake dive for them.
I had to wake Dylan up so we could go to the Zoo. It's so fun doing things with people you love - the more the merrier. The boys only "faught" over who got to push Dylan in the stroller and who got to sit by him in the car. They actually resolved the issue mostly by themselves quickly. They were great so we went to dinner.

I'm so glad that I have a baby boy after being around those boys. They're pushing me to teach Dylan more signs and they won't give him his ball or blanket or water or whatever until he does the sign for it AND signs "please." They're helping me raise my baby.

2 comments:

betsey said...

Sounds like you have the magic touch with raising boys tiffany! Maybe you will just have boys :) Hope all is well with you!

The McKays said...

I wish I'd had a babysitter like YOU when I was little.

How old are those kids anyway? I bet I was babysitting other kids by the time I was their age!