Friday, May 25, 2007

Fund Raising

The scouts in our Branch of our church held a BBQ to raise funds for their scout camp. It was at a great park that has a fenced-in area for 2-5yr olds. Dylan's close enough. I was able to leave him in there while I visited with my friends and ate the yummy food.

Dylan of course had one of his many balls.

The fun thing is that he gained the courage to go down the slides all by himself!

Oh, and I got Dylan's outfit for free b/c my friends/neighbors are moving and were ready to get rid of their cute baby's clothes. (He's exactly 1 yr older than Dylan.) I was going to jog to the gym but they side tracked me and I didn't make it. I haven't been to the gym since Saturday morning 2 weeks ago.


Steven did a good job keeping me busy ever since I found out about Chrissy. He suggested that I ask my mom to watch Dylan and he took me to dinner and a movie. Because it's not as easy to just leave for a date, by the time we got Dylan ready and settled with his Uncles Jonathan and Martin, we only had time for dinner at Panera if we wanted to go to a movie too. I love panera and I love Steven, so it was perfect.

Tonight we had a fund raiser for the young women. We had a bake sale auction. Danielle and I spent hours baking lots of yummy treats instead of holding youth night on Wednesday. It felt like it should be the holidays, only I've never baked that much for the holidays. (I've just heard about people who do tons of baking.)

The bake sale was tonight. Only one of the six girls going to camp was present to participate, but Steven won some really good bids for us and now the girls will be able to go to camp!

2 comments:

The McKays said...

Do you ever watch Grey's Anatomy? It's my favorite show. Anyway, when Denny Duquette died, Izzie baked like a million muffins because she didn't know what else to do. This post reminded me of that...

Tiffany Feger said...

Maybe I should get cable. I've heard that Grey's Anatomy is good, but it's not on NBC. Interesting comparison.