Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ok, it's a need






I posted before about if a waterproof digital camera was a want or a need, and today I got my answer.
It's time to save up.
My camera didn’t know how to hold it’s breath at the beach. I guess it was only a matter of time before it got one too many drops of water.
Luckily I have an old back up (it was at home though) and I had already taken a lot of pictures.

We all rested in the morning b/c Dylan took a 3hour nap. When Marc got back from fishing we went to cold stone b/c we were hot from playing by the pool. Dylan has his own spoon and is trying using puppy dog eyes for a taste.

Then we went to one of my favorite places. Four kids fit perfectly under the umbrella. They were digging to China. I’d like to know if there’s any person who hasn’t at one point tried “digging to China.” They looked like the muskrats we just saw at the zoo the day before. Brent started them singing “Dig a tunnel, dig dig a tunnel” from one of the Lion King movies. Isn't this the best?! They looked so funny reaching all the way down to the bottom. They couldn't even touch the bottom w/ their hands - they could w/ shovels though.They dug a hole so deep that Dylan climbed in it and it looked like he was a soldier hiding out in a war trench. His big hat matched the sand and it was level w/ the rest of the sand when he crunched a little. The hat almost filled the opening of the hole too. I wish I could show you. That’s the first time I missed having a working camera. I tried to turn it on multiple times, but the attempts were in vain.

3 comments:

betsey said...

I bet you take at least 100 pictures a week...I think you need a waterproof camera too :)

I have started my blogging, so you can check out my blog now at richardandbetsey.blogspot.com I'm leaving for Hong Kong on Saturday..I am so excited!!!

Tiffany Feger said...

Betsey, I added you to my list, I hope that's ok.

I do take at least that many. Last month I took twice that many. I'm sure I deletes some, but I have 800 saved from when Dylan was 14 months old.

I want to see your new hair and all the updates w/ your family!!!!!! That's so cool that you'll be in Hong Kong. Perfect timing to start your blog.

The McKays said...

I've heard about cameras getting sand in them too...are you the one that told me that?

Does this fancy water-proof digital camera have a sand-proof feature as well?

This post cracked me up, by the way. I love the part about your camera trying to "hold it's breath". Ha!