Saturday, May 18, 2013

Geography

I want smart kids. So sometimes I do something about it. We learned about the earth.
Continents.
Countries. 
And cities. 
Specifically we listened to Animaniacs songs then repeated the Fifty Nifty United States song all morning. We read about Nairobi the capitol of Kenya in/on Africa.
 Isaac was excited to ask Steven questions about the major religion and official language and other facts to see if he could stump him. We are making the library an every other week habit.

 I get more and more amazed at how my mom home schooled us before there were online resources. It is a full time job doing lesson plans with resources right in front of me! And all of the "new" research on how to teach and what to teach are exactly what my parents already did with us. MAN I was (and am) blessed!!

1 comment:

Vicki B said...

Moms and Dads are the real teachers.