Sunday, July 6, 2008

When Kat was Here . . .

I've been posting the bare minimum for a while now.
Back when Isaac was 4 months old (just a month ago), Kat was here. This video might make her home sick for my boys, but I like it because it shows how they really liked her. It's as if I wasn't even in the room. Kat was making Isaac laugh and Dylan got really jealous. You've asked before how Dylan is with Isaac. He loves Isaac, but occasionally wants the same silly attention. He was trying hitting and to tickle Kat and Isaac here, but I think she thought he was only hitting.

Kat spoiled my boys. My mom said that Kat didn't put Isaac down. Gee thanks, Kat:) Now he expects ME to hold him all the time. Okay, so I'm the one who's spoiling him now, I know. I like to hold him, then I stay up late to load the dish washer (Yay for a dishwasher!) and clean up the clutter. I was at the doctor the other day and after waiting forever, Isaac finally got hungry again once the doctor finally came in. She said he was spoiled! I told her that he likes to eat a little bit at a time, so he gets hungry frequently. She said, yea, because he's spoiled. Well, thanks, doc. I love being told I'm a bad mommy. She wasn't really saying that intentionally, but I wasn't happy already because my baby was crying and she thinks I need surgery. (No thanks, not now any way.) If I knew she wasn't going be right in, I could have fed him. I got a babysitter for Dylan, but my little brother isn't quite checked out on watching two kids by himself yet. Or maybe he is, and I'm just spoiling him, and my kids, and the world. Whatever. Anyway, Kat had Dylan help, so at least he's not quite as spoiled I guess.
Here's my little brother, JT, who's not checked out on babysitting two at once. This series of pictures is when Isaac spit up on him. Not sure if it got IN JT's mouth too, but it's all over the shirt for sure. He needed Kat's assistance, after she died laughing.


Ah yes, here's Kat, at the head of the table. It looks like Dylan is up on his phone books all ready to bless the food.
Here's Kat, holding Isaac even when he's sleeping. I don't blame her. I can't put him down either. I'm glad to see that the boys felt right at home with her.
Look, Kat has their sippy cup and bottle in arm's reach in the shade. She's a pro! (and strong, look at that arm!)
My mom sent me these pictures to let me know that Isaac was happy because he had been sad that last time I called when I was still hours away.


So there you have it; would you be able to not spoil these chubby cheeks? It's hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this post does make me miss your sweet boys. What cuties! I'm sorry if I spoiled 'em, but that's what childless aunts are for, right? :)

So I'm not getting a new roommate until August 20th or so, which means I will have plenty of room for you and your little family and Mom, Don, JT, and Grandma when (if?) you can all come out here for the weddings in August. I REALLY hope that happens! :)

betsey said...

Oh...give me a break!! Kids are NOT spoiled who get a ton of love and attention. You CAN NOT spoil them at 7 months old because you are loving them and feeding them. That is CRAZY! Tell your doctor to shove it :)

Our children are wonderful and we are great parents! Look at this happy boy here! I would much rather have a happy, loved child than a sad baby that doesn't get love and kisses! And I need the love as much as the baby does :)

They are only little like this once, so treasure this time! Seriously, the doctor is crazy :)

You are an AMAZING mom!

Amber Ayres said...

I love the pic of Dylan holding Isaac's bottle for him!

Why does the doctor want you to have surgery? are you ok?

I think you are a great mom, you can tell your boys are soooo happy and healthy!!! Keep up the great work!