Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Look, I'm in the kitchen!

I made pasta salad because now that we're in our new house, I have a dish washer! And half of my kitchen stuff is back out of the garage. My cabinets had baby food in them in our old house and no room for pots and pans. Now I actually have empty cabinets, just waiting to be filled. I'm so blessed and lucky.

So, since I have a big kitchen and all, my dad is letting me keep all of his food storage. He bought tons and tons of varieties of wheat, brown rice, beans, rye, oats, etc, all organic, or course. He borrowed the dry pack canner from our church's store house.




8 solid hours of working later, we were done! Now you know where to come when thr hurricanes come. Dylan likes the brown rice. I'm no longer going to avoid cooking. Get ready!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of food!!! Are you actually storing it in the house? And is that indefinitely or just until a certain date? I haven't really figured out what to do about food storage, since I don't have any closets in my house and don't want things to freeze/roast in the garage.

So, why the face mask in that last picture?

betsey said...

You can do it Tiffany! I love brown rice. It is my favorite! I'm heading to your house for dinner :) Lots of yummy food!

Amber Ayres said...

What you didn't used to have a dishwasher? How on earth did ya'll survive!!!

So Jamie decided we need a food storage and each time we go to the store he said he's going to start stocking up. so far we have like a bag of rice and two bags of beans. I'll have to show him this and what slackers we are!