Monday, July 21, 2008

Red Bull Flugtag

We went to the Red Bull Flugtag. It's where crazy people make a man powered air craft, do a little skit, then shove it off the Red Bull cliff into Tampa Bay. Some fly out a little, but most just plop over the edge. I liked the parachuters that landed on the Red Bull flight deck before the first craft went over it.


This was a Flintstones pterodactyl

Isaac sat in the semi-shaded grass. He got hot in the snugli.


We were hot and tired walking back to the car

But still laughed when we saw that we had a flat tire. We had run over a nail. This picture should have a good title. I can't think of one, but all 3 boys are hunched over for different reasons. Andre is rolling the flat one away while Steven rolls the spare into place. I think Dylan is looking for bugs. I think this is how I learned how to change a flat, casual watching. I got a flat a little over a year after Steven and I were married. I was about a mile or so from home where he was. I called him but he didn't answer. I thought he would want to help his damsel in distress. When we were dating he got offended that I had called my step-dad instead. It was my step-dad's tire that time. Anyway, when Steven didn't answer, I jogged home to get him. I was in a lifeguard swimsuit, shorts, and flip flops because it was after teaching swimming lessons. Steven was napping. He was so tired. I told him I had a flat tire and asked if he wanted to help me. He said no. I said, "so you want me to run back instead of drive back?" He said yes. Then I persisted, "so you want me to run back and change the flat by myself?" He said yes and rolled over. So, I got a shirt and jogged back to the car and changed the flat. Pretty funny. He claims not to remember that conversation and doesn't think I tried hard enough to really wake him up. I love that memory. He was in law school, so he wasn't sleeping much. I didn't mind b/c I knew I could hold it over him forever:) Sounds like something for Tara's website.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

sorry about the flat!! Good thing Steven was there this time. I have never changed a tire before...except in drivers ed, we had to. The Red Bull thing looks hillarious! I love their commercials where they show the people crashing into the water. I would have loved to go.