Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Independence Day Festivities

I decided to be creative. I remember my dad making a whale out of a watermellon before. It was my turn. I've always wanted to do the flag cake too. I LOVE having room to be creative in my kitchen. I also had Steven buy those rocket popsicles. Andre did all of the other food, pretty much. He had all of the family over. I invited my parents too.












Happy Birthday, Antonio (Steven's aunt's boyfriend)





We went home for nap time then went to Dr. Brayer's house to see the fireworks. Isaac and Alexis, Dr. Brayer's baby, liked each other. He reached out and pulled her little socks thingies off of her hands.

We had front row seats to see the fireworks.
This is Dylan's face after he saw his first firework. Isaac could care less. He's interrested in the closest thing he can stick in his mouth.
Not that tasty. This picture makes me laugh.
And it can't get more posed and fake-smile than this. Good boy, Dylan:)
Dylan snuggled right up to his Daddy, rested his head on Steven's shoulder, and watched. (Before he wanted to get all of the toys in the pool).

So I got the pool out of his sight and sat closer. Steven did a good job taking pictures on this slow speed!
The only things we bought this year was a pack of those pops that you throw down to make a snap sound. They're the greatest thing for Dylan. Why aren't they like half price the day after? We couldn't find any more. Dylan is so funny when he throws them. He jumps up as his arm goes way up high, then he slams the little white twisted paper down as he stomps both feet down. His whole body is involved with each throw down. Good father-son bonding time.

3 comments:

The Stevens said...

You are so creative. I love the cake and watermelon!

Amber Ayres said...

I have NEVER seen a watermelon like that! Awesome! Tif you are seriously supermom

Anonymous said...

I saw the cake and thought someone had paid lots of money for it--great job! :) And yes, I laugh every time I see that photo of Isaac where you've commented that he didn't find Steven's finger particularly tasty--he looks like an old man! It's crazy how different that baby can look in pictures