Monday, January 23, 2012

...And he ate it. Gross!

Isaac can make his own sandwiches.
He has always loved dips and condiments.
So he decided to add them to his bread-palate and sandwich them for the travel into his mouth's palate. 
 Commonly, he paints the bread with globs of jelly, honey, ketchup, honey mustard, regular mustard, and peanut butter. 
Dylan told him that it would probably taste like a bug. 
Isaac said "It does - it tastes like a bug.  And I like bugs!"
. . . And he ate it.  Gross.

2 comments:

Karissa said...

Oh gross!!! But so cute at the same time. And hey, if he made it and ate it, you can't argue that. :-)

Kathryn said...

... and he liked it so much that he licked the drips from the table! Wow. Do you think he really likes it? Or was he enjoying the spectacle more than the taste? Sometimes I wonder if we would like things more--or like different things altogether--if we weren't culturally conditioned to think certain things (be they colors, textures, or combinations of otherwise acceptable foods) were unsatisfactory. Hmmm. I just read what I wrote. I think I'm a nerd. Actually, I KNOW I'm a nerd, since that's the only job title my boss has been able to come up with for my new position at work. I'm the office nerd. Go figure.

Anyway, back to your boys. It's perfect that Dylan said it would taste like a bug--such a perfect description for a 5-year-old boy to think of.

And I like that Isaac went with that idea and still enjoyed his creation . . . and I like that you got a picture of his fat little brown hand making the colorful artist's-palette-turned-lunch sandwich. (And did you know that if you add a second L to palette it means "one of the plates at the armpits of a suit of armor"? Oh, the randomness of searching for words you don't know how to spell on merriam-webster.com!)