Sunday, July 11, 2010

my mom's birthday

So you wonder where I get it from . . .
my busy schedule and all of that . . .
my pretty mom. 
On her own birthday, she worked all day, then had a meeting at church. 
I'm sure she had a lot of other things going on and important things she was in charge of and her mind was probably not on her own special day. 
She actually had to come to US so we could see her on her birthday. 
She scheduled us in, as she always does. 
She often calls ME to ask if Dylan and Isaac can go over or can spend the night. 
She doesn't talk about all of the things she does, and all of the team mom things she does, and the school accounts she's in charge of, and her stake callings, etc.  That's where we're different.  She does it all with lots of humility and shys away from attention.  Maybe that part should have rubbed off on me. 
I've been thinking lately how I am who I am because of my mom and my dad. 
I like it:)
It was just my dad's birthday too.  He doesn't live close though, so here are some photos of my mom (and my boys too, of course), you're welcome Kat:)
Added for explanation: Dylan grabbed my big ziplock bag of cupcake papers and candles and pulled out the #2.  It's funny b/c he kept thinking that my mom was turning TWENTY five instead of her real age. 
And it's more funny b/c he did it so quickly and put it in updide down. 
You probably had to be there, but it was funny to all of us:)
See the orange carrot frosting on his right hand to prove that he's the one who placed it?
We also had Blue Bell ice cream of course. 

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

Yay!!! Thank you, Tiff! When you said this would be posted late, I didn't realize you meant you'd be up until 3:30am! But thank you for posting it! (Wow, I think I've reached my quota for exclamation points for the week. I'll have to stick to less exciting punctuation from now on.)

Anyway, can you tell the story of what's going on with the upside-down 2 candle? And the big laugh that goes with it? And the picture of all three of them blowing and the smoke coming off of the extinguished candle is just perfect. :)