Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Craft Day

It got cold last night, so I made sure that we played outside before the cold really hits. It was so nice and sunny today. We put the babies down for their morning nap and painted ornaments.
Isaac woke up of course.
I bought these on sale a long time ago, I think I had planned on doing a craft with babysitting kids, the church youth, or a Sunday School class. For once I'm not teaching the youth at church. I miss them though.
Dylan picked me lots of flowers.
They ate lunch outside.
After lunch, we went in to make cookies. They each made a batch. We had one of sugar cookies and one of gingerbread cookies. They really helped. Dylan cracked the egg into the bowl before I gave him the okay. Most of it went in the bowl and only one piece of shell landed inside. He's good at paying attention.


Then it was time for the older two to take a nap. They both went right to sleep while visions of sugar cookies danced in their heads. The cookies magically cooked and cooled before they woke up. I heard Malia singing "Jingle Bells" on the baby monitor and we went up to get her and Dylan. The babies were excited that I took the gate down from the stairs.

Unfortunately Dylan was wet when he woke up. He needed a bath. Before I knew it, Malia was in there too. So we had a pool party in the tub.
Noah is a little bully. There was no escaping him in that confined space. Dylan was complaining that he was pulling his hair. He pins Isaac all the time. He had ahold of Isaac's cheek earlier. There may be nail marks in Isaac's cheek still. He had Isaac even though I had put Noah up in the stationary jumpy chair because he kept stealing each toy that Isaac was holding. I thought I had crazy kids before, he's so full of fun and craziness.
We should have had bath time after this mess, but oh well. Only Malia's cheeks got messy I think. They did a great job decorating cookies for their daddys.

Malia was double double dipping - two spreaders at a time.
I asked him to bend down and put his face by the cookies. He did:) We were able to give a plate of cookies to our carolers. Good thing we made them!
Dylan was a helper all day. He really wanted to help with the laundry, so he loaded it all by himself.

No comments: