Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm so lucky that Steven's mom and my mom live in the same county. It's a good thing for holidays. We usually go to one house for lunch then the other for dinner. We don't have to alternate holidays. This year we actually combined our two families at my mom's house so we just had one big meal. My dad still wasn't here, but we'll see him for Christmas.

Steven brought his famous sweet potato pie. I made frog eye salad, green bean caserole, and buttermilk pies. I actually cooked late Tuesday night because I would be busy Wednesday and had the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving morning.


This is before everybody got there. This is the kid table. (Where my mom and Don sat too.)
We had about 25 people and did more than just eat. Socializing,
Jumping,
Ping Pong,

Driving, Piano,
This and running around tables and the house were favorites.Happy Birthday, Juliane! We actually put one candle per age on her cake.
As if we needed any more desert!
My grandma made all of these pies and sugar free banana bread for Nana. Well, I made the two buttermilk pies on the right.
We got other pies and cakes as the day went on.


Besides my family and my health and the health of my family, I'm really thankful for my job. I'm so glad that Steven and I are employed. I really like what I do too.

No comments: