Friday, December 12, 2008

Hallelujah!


Isaac slept through the night last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 hours in a row w/o a peep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had pumped at work so I could get my hair done after work and Steven stuffed Isaac with that milk. Steven looked over and Isaac had fallen asleep on the carpet while Kath and Kim or something was on. Steven took him up to his pack 'n play and he stayed asleep! When I got home at the end of The Office, Isaac woke up. I fed him a little more, then he didn't wake up 'til 6:30!!!!! Steven and I both asked each other if we had heard him in the middle of the night. Dylan, on the other hand, had started crying and Steven just said "calm down, it's okay, go back to sleep" or something like that. (It's too hard to remember details of the middle of the night.) Dylan went right back to sleep. I think Dylan gets night mares occasionally.
Anyway, so I guess letting Isaac cry for over an hour a couple of times the night before paid off. I was actually deep in sleep and Steven had asked if I was going to go in and feed him or if he should pat his back or something and Steven swears I said I was going to get up. I don't remember this. All I remember is hearing him cry and hearing Steven get up so I was relieved and went back to sleep. I still have a cold and am so exhausted and groggy. I was mad when I found out in the morning that my baby had been screaming and Steven couldn't sleep b/c he was sad for Isaac. Isaac is still a little sick too so he probably felt so sad. Steven thought that I had decided to do the tough love routine and hadn't let Steven in on my plan. Steven said he thought "wow, it's harder than I thought, I can't believe Tiffany's really doing this." Poor Isaac was happy in the morning, so I guess it wasn't too traumatizing for the little guy. He's 10 months and 10 days, it's about time!
Keep your fingers crossed for tonight b/c my mom's going to watch them for a while b/c it's Steven's Christmas party. We'll still pick up the kids since Isaac's too hard to predict.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Isaac! And big yay for you! :) The tough love story is sad, but it looks like it helped in the end. And it was also sweet to read that Steven had a hard time letting Isaac cry even though he thought it was something you'd decided. I've always heard stories about the dads being the one to insist on tough love while the moms cry for their babies but the dads won't let them go pick them up. So maybe dads aren't as callous as I'd heard? Or maybe your husband is just better than the average bear? :)

Marcie said...

YEA ISAAC!!!!! That's so awesome! I had to laugh that Dylan did wake up during the night... that's ALWAYS the way it is around here... If it's not one it's the other :) BUT... yea! I'm glad that you and Isaac don't remember too much about the night before... Poor Steven

Tara said...

You have been going for almost 11 months without a full nights sleep? Poor thing! I won't tell you when Bella started sleeping through the night (I don't think she was even 2 months old) we would wrap her up tight in that swaddler and she wouldn't wake up. Even when they do sleep through that night I swear they constantly wake up for some other reason anyway either teething or sick or something.