Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Little Cute Face

For some reason, I call you "Cute Face" some times. Sometimes you say "I not cute." When I ask again you smile and say "Yes I cute." You know it.

You are pretty much all grown up already. I can talk to you just like I would talk to any adult. You understand everything or ask me to clarify if not.

You like school. I think 2 days/week is perfect. I just wish I could be there with you, but that would kinda defeat the main purpose of you going. When I was asking you about what you were thankful for, you started repeating a prayer that you must have learned at school.


"Rabbits and bunnies
Birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything.
Amen."

You kind of sing it and it's catchy. When we pray before a meal, if I ask you to say the prayer, you repeat it. You clasp your fingers too. I've taught you to fold your arms, but as long as you're reverent and cute. I'm loving it.

You get out of bed by yourself w/o asking. That's good because your diaper is usually dry over night. We could put pull ups on but you and Isaac wear the same size 4 diapers. You have had a total of 3 accidents since you were potty trained a couple of months ago. One was that first day, one was at a park with Corrie and you told her you weren't wet. Last week you just didn't make it even though you were on the way to the potty. I think that's pretty good.

You like "bad cartoons." I'm too sleepy to really know what Dad puts on for you. You wake up before I do and watch TV downstairs until I get up. It's a good transition from asking if you can get up out of bed. That would wake us all up. Now you get up and dressed by yourself and wait for Daddy downstairs.


You sing songs now. You have a couple of Christmas songs that you've learned at school and I've taught you some. You start out by saying the last word in each phrase then add on more and more of the lyrics.


You know what Spanish I know. You asked what I was eating last night and I said "helado." You said "I want ice cream too, Mommy." I had to share. Your Spanish-speaking family needs to babysit more maybe:)

You really work on pronunciation now. You used to say something like "Ya-sos" for dinosaurs but now slowly say "Dye---no--sow--wus." You used to say "i-gik" for Isaac but now say it perfectly when you think about it. You still slip and say it the old way but you catch yourself and slow down.

You still like your green blanket. We've told you that you won't be able to suck your thumb when you're 3. Malia's already 3 so it's going to be too soon for you.

You like to go outside to ride your tricycle and to swing. You're a good helper in the yard. You put the branches in the trash and even picked up the oranges that the squirrels had tasted and dropped from one of our trees.

You're a good helper. You whine but I can still reason with you. You still let me hold you and are so fun to play with. You love rough housing with boys bigger than you like your uncles, the Szazs's, Darren, and Daddy. You know not to hit me and are really protective of Isaac. I like how you reason with him too. You are pretty good about getting him an alternate toy before retrieving the one he has that you want.

No comments: