Saturday, May 10, 2008

Marc's Bar Mitzvah A.K.A. BEST PARTY EVER

*(This was scanned in, but the real 5x7 one is good. It was ready before we left!)
We have known this family for like 8 years now. I have been taking Marc to Hebrew school since he was supposed to go. It's pretty amazing that I've watched him grow like this. He didn't seem nervous at all as he read in Hebrew as he lead the service. Just Steven and I went in the morning for that, my mom babysat. We went early to be in some professional pictures. It was like standing in front of a church after a wedding for those bride's maid pictures only it was before. Bonnie, Marc's mom, is soooo organized. She always has been. She's amazing. First, she had the date saved for over a year. She kept most everything a secret. The invitations were really cool. Mine is packed somewhere safe right now so you'll have to believe me. Marc designed them. They unfolded into the Star of David. Their colors were a pretty royal dark blue and copper. Marc's seal was on EVERYTHING. And I mean that. She had postage stamps made, bottles of water, gift bags, programs, and even boxes of chocolates. She put customized hospitality bags with the seal together for all of the out of town guests that she delivered to all of their hotels (and there were a lot!)

Anyway, the service lasted for over two hours, but it didn't seem long to me. It was my 2nd Jewish service, so I liked all of the tradition and real Hebrew involved. Steven and I were a part of the program too. We opened and closed the Arc of the Covenant when the Torah was being put back in.

Afterwards, Bonnie had the Wine Cellar cater the kiddush luncheon. YUMMY! The flower arrangements were so pretty. Steven really liked the palm trees on the desert table made out of stacked pineapples. Everything was decorated so nicely, and that was just lunch! This is Marc and one of his brothers, Brent. Mozel Tov, Marc!

We left and I cleaned out the fridge while my boys were still at my mom's napping. Then we changed and went to the Vinoy (a really nice resort here). There was a cocktail hour on the 2nd floor w/ a balcony. Most of the kids went to the kid's room, but Dylan stayed w/ us.
But once he saw the kids' ballroom behind the curtains, he didn't want to leave! It was time for the like 15 course meal. Talk about fancy! I thought the flowers were beautiful in the morning. Bonnie had dotted every "i" and crossed every "t" here too. The blue and copper were integrated into everything. The entrance to the ballroom was a real boat house they had made. There was a photographer ready to take group pictures before entering. We all signed a huge fish made out of colored mirrors. I could go on and on about all of the decorations and details. Marc's seal was even on the bathroom disposable towels! This is Bonnie (and Isaac).
Dylan and Isaac had their own place cards (which were amAzing in themselves). I'm going to put them in their little memory boxes. Dylan heard that the boys would be there and was sooo happy to see Jake (and Marc and Brent).
Dylan wouldn't appreciate the adult exotic foods, so we got him some fun kid foods. It was hard to get him to sit down to eat any though. He was so excited about everything.
The theme was fishing. There were real fishing gear as the center pieces for the kids. Dylan had fun with Marc and Brandon. (I taught him swimming lessons a long time ago too.) Dylan was so happy that they finally let him hold it. He wouldn't put it down after that. He went fishing in the coy pond.
He had fun dancing. Besides the DJ, they had a handful of professional dancers to get the kids going. Dylan watched then did his own moves.
He was doing better moves than this, but you get the picture. There were tons of Marc's friends there. It's better than any prom they will ever go to I bet.

Brent and his friends were running and sliding across the floor on their knees. One of the real photographers probably got lots better shots than I got of them.
Isaac was Mr. Perfect. He slept and slept. He woke up for the last 15 min we were there. He never cried or made a noise and didn't even eat 'til we got home then went right to sleep again.I haven't mentioned the desert room yet. It was hidden behind another set of curtains. There were different tables set up all around the outside of the room with amazing deserts. One station had flaming coffee I think. Another had lots of chocolates with a lady with white gloves on telling you what flavors they were so you didn't have to guess. Steven got ice cream from the Cold Stone table. It's like Marble Slab. I got a mini cupcake then a girl handed me a bag with Marc's logo on it. Inside was a big boxed cupcake to go! The cupcakes were really good. I need to ask her where Bonnie got them from. They had a big poof of delicious icing with Marc's logo in colored white chocolate on top. They also had chocolate inside. They were different flavors-in Marc's colors. I'm not done yet. There were fruit kabobs with different drizzles/dipping chocolates/sauces. There was a glass display case with really crazy looking chocolates and candies and things. When someone would take one out, a lady would replace it with something else delicious and cool looking. The centerpiece of the room was a 13 tier candy cake! I was out changing a diaper when the kids were aloud in the room so I didn't see it before. The after looked like a pinata had exploded! Dylan's standing in front of the left overs. He thought he was in heaven, but really, I was. I wish I could have spent more time in there just taking it all in. Dylan got tired and let us know, so we had to go early. I didn't take that many pictures b/c there were professionals doing all of that. They were streaming video from the huge kid fun room into a bunch of flat screens around the adult room so Steven could keep an eye on me and Dylan. Dylan was waiting for the valet.
Oh, more family pictures:)
This photo booth was set up there for us to get fun free instant silly pictures. We didn't really fit Ü

There are a LOT of details I'm leaving out, but you get the idea. I can't believe Jake will be 13 in no time! I can learn a lot from Bonnie's organization skills.
(More photos in my Picasa album)

1 comment:

The McKays said...

OMG! That party sounds AWESOME!! Video streaming of the kids? What a great idea! I can't believe you didn't take pics of all of the yummy treats you described! It sounds like a trip to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! I just want to know...why wasn't I invited?

BTW, you look absolutely GORGEOUS in that pic of you holding Dylan, holding the fishing pole.

It sounds like you guys had a blast. Congrats Marc! Um, I mean, Mozel Tov!