Friday, May 16, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

I know, it's really late.
This seems like a college kid's kind of holiday to me. Matt, Stephen, do they really even dance La Cucaracha and drink margharitas on this day in Mexico?
We went to a Mexican restaurant b/c why not. The problem is, Dylan had finally just fallen asleep when Steven told me we should go crash Andre and Darren's dinner plans. So I had to wake him up. He was NOT in the mood. I think the novelty of going to a restaraunt has worn off for him. He wanted to "go bye bye, go bye bye, go bye bye, uh bye bye." So after a little bit of chips and salsa, I walked around outside w/ him. What a pain. He ate some food inside, but that was short lived. Oh, Malia didn't go. That was a much better idea. Noah and Isaac were normal happy campers.

Anyway, our church had a Latin party that weekend. My dad came over and we drove together. Look at this picture. It is so funny. Who's face is more crazy? Isaac's or my dad's?
This is more like it. That was much better for Dylan. He could run around, he could be a picky eater, and it wasn't a waste of money. At the end, they had a pinata. (How do you make the ~ over the n, Kat/Matt?) My dad stood in line w/ Dylan. I was so relieved that he didn't have to take a turn hitting it b/c I bet you he would have just cried and ran for me. I can't believe he was brave enough to go stand in line. The funny thing is, he got a little cheapo squirt gun, harmonica, and jumping frog (like his outfit). He didn't even notice that there was candy to be had- lucky me! I don't know how he knew to say "bang" when pointing the gun. I think it's just little boy instinct.

We went to the mall afterwards. Dylan got to be an airplane and zig zagged through the center kiosks b/c Isaac and I were slower than the fast airplane.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You finally did it...you totally called Issac Dylan in this post. That is so funny. In the picture with your dad you said something about Dylan and your dad's face, but the picture was of Issac. You are officially a mom of two now.

Tiffany Feger said...

oops! I just changed it. I wonder how many other people saw that and didn't comment/tell me. thanks!