Monday, May 5, 2008

Disheveled

Saturday: Moving Day
Sunday: Church Day

There's a Primary song that is supposed to remind us that "Saturday is the day we get ready for Sunday." Well there was no time for that. Luckily I wrote my talk on Thursday night. On Friday night I set aside the boys' cute matching outfits.
After the move, I was planning on picking up the boys from my mom's. When I set foot inside my new home, I was overwhelmed. I kinda stepped right back out. She naturally has a lot of stuff she's accumulated since living in this house for over 30 years. Steven said I should just spend the night at my mom's. He stayed to go move Rita (we split the cost of the moving truck and helped each other). I took his advice and went to my mom's w/o PJs or a toothbrush. I was able to use her internet to finish up preparing my Sunday School (YW) lesson and practice my talk. I showered and used my mom's clothes. Our church doesn't start 'til 1pm and boy was I glad. We popped into our new residence to change and pick up Steven before church.

What a weekend! Nothing stops when new things come up. In fact, new things bring MORE things, like moving, giving a congregational speech, and teaching the youth. We hadn't even decided to move into Maria's house that long before we did it. I packed like crazy for less than a month in little pockets of spare time. So yeah, I was disheveled and it has yet to wear off I think.

1 comment:

The Stevens said...

Sorry I missed your talk.