Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day 2010 (pool parties!)


I tried figuring out if we were doing anything for Memorial Day, but Steven and I kind of just wanted to work on the house and on his trial prep.  Then our friends told us they were coming in town - hip hip hooray!  We haven't seen them in years, and I hadn't seen her baby (on the far left below- not such a baby any more). 
So since 2Dylan wanted to come over so bad, we had a cook out/pool party!  Each of the 3 families have 2 parents and 2 kids each. 
Dylan stayed in the pool the whole time.  This picture reminds me that I need to make some more popsicles. 
Me and my friends:)
Here's my trophy husband!  He made our front and back yard look beautiful including new mulch, a new gardinia bush, edging, etc.  He bought the food and cooked it too.  I just sat back and hung out with my friends IN the pool while he worked. 

Then because one pool party isn't enough, we went right to Andre's house.  No nap for Dylan.  Isaac and Steven took a nap on Andre's couch for a while.  (Don't tell Andre that Isaac was just in undies, good thing he didn't have an accident on Steven and the red couch!!) 
I'm pretty sure that Andre wants to win the award for World's Greatest Uncle.  He played with these kids so much between adjusting the music, grilling, preparing, cleaning, etc etc.  They LOVED it!  Jumping high fives,
Double jumping high fives,
wearing the kids out,
kicking airplane rides,
and fast chug-a-chug-a-choo-choo train trips around the pool.
Then we had to prep for trial and get a print order in the mail and get ready for work the next day. 
We love friends, family, grilling out, and swiming!