Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Isaac's First Day of Preschool

Isaac is 2-1/4 years old.  He started preschool today!  I sewed him a cot sheet and this matching pillow.  He and Noah decorated their boxes.  He was so excited!
Dylan's cot sheet is made out of his favorite "'reen blanket" material.  It's pretty worn now though.  I just did surf boards for Isaac.  He used super hero and motorcycle stickers for his box. 
I was worried the whole day might look like this: 
But it wasn't.  He just didn't want to go stand alone.  I'm so glad Corrie was there to help out.  It was Noah's first day of preschool too.  Corrie made Noah a Cars sheet and made Malia a butterfly one.  I love Noah's little back pack!  Dylan's teacher didn't let him bring a back pack when he started at 2 so I didn't try with Isaac.  Noah and Isaac's teacher is okay with it though.  Oh well. 
Dylan can't even escape the cameras at school:)  Sorry buddy. 
But this makes me love this school even more! 
There's a whole bin of pretend cameras and phones.
Dylan was happy to show me his cubby and put his updated box away in his room. 
Isaac went for the motorcycles, then for a puzzle. 
He gave me a kiss and was fine! 
No tears, no fight, no concern.  I'm happy I guess.
Then I walked Dylan to the playground where his class is at that time.  He woke up with a stiff neck yesterday morning.  It is really hurting him.  I hoped it would be better this morning, but it wasn't.  He was guarding it and walking like he needed his V-8.  I gave him some tylenol when I got him home and he said that felt better.  But Steven felt so bad that he bought some Icy Hot type stuff that he thought said was okay for two and up.  Upon further inspection at home, it read 12 and up.  Steven decided it would make Dylan feel better anyway, so he slathered it on.  Dylan was excited.  It felt cool for a second, then Dylan screamed that it was burning!  I washed it off then comforted him for a long time after.  Steven tried some on himself and felt so bad.  I hope it's better in the morning!  I'm not sure what to do for him.  I tried light massaging it before.  Icing it would probably help, but he's not in the mood for that ever.  Thoughts? 
Ok, back to our half-day school day.
I wanted to walk back in to see Isaac, but the door was closed and I knew I should just walk away.  I took a picture under the summer-time door decorations. 
Then I walked away.  I wasn't really sad.  Isaac wants to stay and play each time we drop his big brother off.  So, I got my oil changed, got my teeth cleaned, then went to the dollar store to get some flags for flag day, of course!  I called half way through the morning for the report, and Isaac was "socializing on the playground and was as happy as could be.  He ate his morning snack and even asked for more."  That made me smile.  Noah, on the other hand, asked for his mommy and was a little sad.  No crying or anything. 
I picked them up at noon. 
And Isaac was happy!  
He had eaten his lunch, had played, had made a hand print with finger paint, and was coloring when I got there.  He was in his extra shorts from his box.  He was standing by the gate on the playground when his teacher came back from break.  He didn't know to ask another teacher I guess and couldn't hold it.  She said he peed for 2 minutes when she rushed him to the potty:)  She was impressed:) 
Noah was in Malia's room because he wanted her when he saw her in the lunch room.  He only ate something once he was sitting next to his "sissy."  The funny thing is, he didn't want to leave with me:)  He wanted to stay in Malia's class room.  We love Malia's techer.  Then after gathering 3 of my chickens, we went to see Dylan.  His class was still eating lunch.  He usually asks for seconds. 

Their school decorates for every holiday and season. 
I wonder where they store all of this stuff!
Happy Flag Day!
And here are the kids with their flags.  Except I made them put them down b/c they were covering the DVD player causing contention or covering their fake smiles causing a not-so-good group shot. 
So day 1 of preschool went well.  My baby isn't a baby any more, he's a big boy. 

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So cute! Poor Dylan, Icy Hot DOES burn. I mean, it is er, soothing and feels great (Sorry Steven). I bet he did feel really bad!
Your kids are too cute. I need to take more pictures!