Thursday, November 15, 2007

I just got a . . .

NEW CAR!!!!

I feel like I should be going through some sort of initiation b/c I'm joining the mini van mom club. There probably is such a club, so I don't really want to join, but I feel like I've just gotten older.


I felt like I was the carpool mom yesterday b/c I had Malia holding my left hand and Dylan holding my right hand as I helped Brent up to his class with my tummy poking out under my shirt. (It wasn't maternity and doesn't always stay down.) People looked at me and said that I have my hands full. I was thinking, yea, little do you know - I own a mini van too!

I do like the van though. When I was looking on the Toyota website at colors, I liked the silvery light green one. Then I was saying I wish they had black. Andre said they do make black, but not in the southeast so then I REALLY wanted one. I feel like I'm cooler b/c my car (ok, van) is black and has tinted windows. It also has a DVD player and the doors open with my keychain remote. The back seats fold up and down so easily. I could fit a whole pack 'n play set up in the back there! Dylan first got in and ran around and around and kept jumping up and down. So cute. He didn't know what to do w/ the headphones at 1st. Later I figured out how to turn the movie on in the regular surround sound speakers. They're better than the ones in my living room.
Steven told Andre what I wanted and Andre delivered the car to me the next day. It was perfect timing. I was only home in the evening for 30 min or less but Andre came and gave me the keys then drove off w/ my Camry he had sold me when I was pregnant w/ Dylan. What service! If anyone needs a car, I'll give you Andre's number. He did get us to buy the "additional overcharge" package of $9/month, but he assured me we need it:)
Dylan had grabbed the Nemo DVD right before Andre got to my house. I put it in my purse for the van. We watched the whole thing through by the time we got back at night. I really do a lot of running around on Wednesdays. Then the next morning (today) Dylan pointed at our van from our porch and said excitedly, "NEMO!!" He recognized the "fun car" right away.

Brent was pretty excited to be the 1st kid over 1year old to get to ride in the new car.
Liam was the 2nd 1yr old to sit in the car and listen to Nemo.Oh, and just now as I was uploading pics to this, he pointed at the van and repeated "Nemo!" with a big smile.
this clip is of me sitting in the back seat so I could enjoy the video too. Steven's pretty excited about the car but said it'll be wierd when we're on date night and the mini van is our good car.

1 comment:

The Stevens said...

Congrats on the new mini van!