Sunday, November 4, 2007

Halloween's Grand Finale

October has been filled with Dylan's Finding Nemo costume and candy and pumpkins. I've done so many Halloween posts that I'm about over it. I was reflecting on October being over and hadn't even done my September calendar yet. I took a break from Halloween and did that before posting these pictures.

So, the Grand Finale. I don't know what else to call it. We got dressed up to take Dylan and Malia trick-or-treating for their first times. I thought we'd only hit a couple of houses just to get some pictures, but the dads were more down to business. Darren had charted out the "good houses" and had a route. They got out their waggon b/c they didn't want the slow walkers to hold us back. I LOVED having the waggon b/c my tummy paint got rubbed off on Nemo enough with the little carrying I did. My back also starts hurting if I do a lot of walking. I think it's b/c the weight gain flares up my crooked tail bone. Anyway. We were out for about an hour.

My rings are shown in this picture a little better, but not details. Don't you love that Corrie dressed up too!!!I like this picture b/c of the sky. Dylan and Malia aren't looking, but you can't expect a stranger to take a million pictures waiting for the good one. Houses weren't anywhere close to being as haunted as Uncle Afton's, but some houses had fun decorating anyway. The black cat is Malia's cousin, Olivia. She joined us for a while. Uh oh. Malia didn't listen to the "take one" rule. She dumped the whole bowl over. It was almost all cleaned up before I took the picture. It was pretty funny how she figured out what to do on Halloween.
Dylan finally let some people put candy in his pumpkin, but he tried to eat the candy through the wrappers. We gave him and Malia some raisins that someone passed out.

We went to our friends' party right after trick-or-treating. We really just stopped by to say hi. There were other kids there. The theme was storybook or kids' character costumes. Steven and I didn't adhere as you can see. Our friends were Bert and Ernie, and Bert's wife was Snow White. Steven's costume had a battery pack to keep him inflated. He was like a holiday lawn ornament. The fan didn't keep him that cool though he said. The weather was comfortable, but not cool like in most places.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

Abbey is becoming quite the blog addict. When we read this post, she said "ball" when she saw Corrie's tummy and "fish" when she saw Dylan. We're bored right now, so we're reading everyone's blogs and watching videos together. She's squirming right now because there's no pics on this page! Back to reading now!