Sunday, November 25, 2007

Clark Kent

I got Dylan these Superman PJs b/c my brothers used to LOVE them. They'd cry if they lost the cape that velcros on.

"up UP and AWAY!"
Then I thought it was too cute the way Dylan was staring right up to watch his daddy change our A/C air filters. He wants to be a big boy!


I don't have any pictures of this, but today Dylan did the potty sign to me. I figured he wanted me to change his dirty diaper since he had done that like 3 times before. The diaper was dry, so I asked if he wanted to go potty. He said yes. He waited a couple of seconds to concentrate then went pee pee in the big potty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so proud! He was proud too. He asked for a multi vitamin as his reward. He hadn't had one today so I gave it to him. When I'm serious about potty training him I'll find some sort of consistant reward for him, but that worked! An hour later I was going to give him a bath and his diaper was still dry! I sat him on the potty and he went again!!!!!!!!! What a big boy!
My winning streak of using that same diaper ended later when I smelled it. Oh well. He went pee pee on the potty once more before I changed his diaper for bed. I'm not going to work on this actively, but I'll put him on his potty before bath time etc. My plan is to wait 'til after the baby comes b/c I've heard to wait 'til after 2yrs old and that he will want to go back and be the baby when the new baby comes. I don't want it to be more work for Corrie OR for him to wear a diaper some days and not others. That would send mixed signals.
But I'm happy! No pictures of this accomplishment, but you can imagine my excitement to see that he knows how to control it a little!!

1 comment:

The McKays said...

Yay for Dylan! What a big boy!