Monday, April 23, 2007

Tiffany's random thoughts

I don't have one format for this blog. I'm really random, so here are some random thoughts:
Dylan said "mama" a lot yesterday. I can't really say it's his 2nd word, but I loved it. (His only other word is Uh Oh.) He says lots of other baby talk but it's mostly "uh" in a whiney voice as he does a sign for what he wants.
Which brings up another topic: I'm still working on the potty training thing (as passively as one could) and we hit another mile stone - or pebble. He did the "potty" sign while he was filling his diaper! Now he has the association down! He knows that what he's doing is associated w/ the potty sign. I was so excited and swooped him up and changed him. He never seemed to care or notice when he was dirty and is indifferent when we're changing him. He just ignores the whole process. Steven and I were clapping that he did the sign. It will still probably take a year to go all the way to potty training him, but I love it. I'm adding this part into this post b/c nobody wants another post on this subject, but he went "potty" in the big "potty!" I was so excited. Of course I knew he'd have to go some time so after dinner I took him in there and we played until he did it. He had did not stop playing or notice when he did it, but we clapped and showed daddy who thinks I'm a freak. I know. This doesn't mean anything but I think it's cool. I put his old diaper back on b/c it was still clean:)
He notices other signs and tries to duplicate them. We were at the beach yesterday and I was doing the sign for bird b/c of all the seaguls there. He did the sign backwards. (If you know the sign it's your finger and thumb like a little beak at your mouth. He was doing the sign for red - pointing at his lips.) It was cute. He also tries to do signs for bananna which look like the ball sign. He does know what they are. Everybody should try to teach signs to their baby.
Another random thought: I was thinking that I have finally embraced the fact that Dylan is a toddler. I was sad that he turned one. I wanted his clothes to say "Infant 12-18 months" but they insisted on saying "Toddler 12-18 months." Now I love that he's independant and knows what he wants. I'll be kicking myself for saying that once he's into the "terrible twos," but it's fun in this phase.

No comments: