Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sick Days

Dylan got a fever after church on Sunday.  He didn't eat anything after the sacrament.  That evening, on our way home from my mom's house, I had to hold a bowl for him so he could almost puke for a while and simultaneously driving on the curvy 102nd bridge.  I sometimes think there should be awards for necessary multi-tasking feats like that, like when I would not only wash, but rinse, condition, rinse, and shave while nursing a little baby.  I'd like to see a dad even think about holding a puke bowl while driving, much less the 102nd bridge. 

That's not the point of this post. 
It's about how long I could hold and stare at my sick babies. 

Dylan got to sleep on the couch, so Isaac wanted in on the percieved fun. 
Even crazy energetic Isaac fell right asleep when I turned off the lights. 
Then for nap time, they both felt all better, but promised they were still sick so they could sleep on the couch.  Can you believe they didn't even giggle?  They fell right asleep!  After jumping and flipping on those very couches minutes before! 
But then Isaac got sick on Tuesday evening.  I got this smile out of him, but he was also burning up. 
These are the faces I was getting. 
I could stare at his sweet cheeks and pet his soft hair all day and night.  I kissed him lots and lots, like I had for Dylan.  I knew there was a risk of getting sick myself, and although I can't afford to take any sick days (from any of my jobs), I sort of wanted to be able to really feel their pain. 
Isaac felt better the next day, but because he had hardly slept that sad night before, this is how I felt him while I was making a green smoothie.  (more on that later).  Dylan called in rather loudly, "is my sandwich and smoothie ready?  Isaac is sleeping."  Dylan was sitting right next to Isaac at the time.  Isaac was so out of it that he was asleep with his nose keeping him up and didn't care about loud tattle-tale Dylan next to him. 
My ISO was too high from the night before it looks like.  Oops. 
Dylan was sick at night, and was more sick and had me more worried.  I didn't take as many pictures of him.  When Dylan would try to puke, he would then almost cry, "it isn't working."  His tummy was empty.  He didin't want anything to eat or drink.  I'm so glad it didn't last long. 
Dylan had lots of energy when Isaac was sick, and vice versa.  Dylan plopped right next to/onto Isaac.  I like having them close.  I also like that I got to keep Dylan home from school on Monday without any stress just in case he felt sick.  The whole reason he got sick was probably from another working mom who took a gamble sending her son to school when he wasn't all the way better.  I like my sweet babies. 
And am glad they're all better now, sleeping in their own beds after a fun dat of Busch Gardens and a beach park today:)  Today wouldn't have been a good sick day.  We're so blessed!

1 comment:

Lacey McKay said...

Poor little sick guys! That pic of Isaac with his nose smooshed into the couch is too cute though! I bet the cool leather felt good against his warm face.