Monday, May 17, 2010

Why did I say yes to holding an alligator?!?!?!

everybody was doing it, so I said I would at the end.  It moved though, and I don't think I could have stopped it if it wanted to turn and snap at me!  So scary!
I didn't feed marshmallows to the gator that swam up to the building.  I was content stepping back taking pictures.
Did you see that kid getting the little gator to come up to him?!  He works there. 
We went on an airboat ride in the everglades.  Steven and I have always wanted to, so we drove down to Ft. Lauderdale.  Darren and Andre had played in a volleyball tournament that morning.  Steven and I didn't want to worry about a babysitter, 2 nights there, and paying for food and the hotel. 
Well in the morning at Dylan's tball game, my mom offered to babysit for the night.  Steven started thinking.  He was thinking that either we could stay home and clean the carpets, or we could drive 4 hours to hang out with our friends.  We didn't think much about it b/c we had a birthday party that afternoon. 
We flipped a coin, and listened to it:)
I made phone calls to cover my church responsibilities of the quartet practice, the home teachers, and sharing time.  And we grabbed swimsuits and loaded in the car!  My wallet was in the diaper bag, so I had to take my passport.  We really hand't planned this:)!!
Our airboat driver guide stopped along the way to show us some air plants, "ancient Seminole indian ruins", and to tell us stories.  He's a self proclaimed "a good ol' boy."  He was entertaining:)
His son is the youngest boat captain in florida.  He's on the yellow boat here. 
After we got to Ft. Lauderdale, it was almost 11pm.  Darren and Corrie were ready for bed, but thankfully Andre and Barbie still had energy! 
So those are our "randumb" photos from an spontaneous 20 hour vacation.  Oh, and Steven and I slept in our minivan b/c we didn't want to impose on our friends.  It was perfect with the windows down!

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

You guys are too funny. I like the photo of you holding the gator. He actually looks kinda cute . . . in a weird way.

But sleeping in the minivan was PERFET??? You're a nut! :P