Wednesday, August 5, 2009

our canoe trip- for my birthday

7/25/09
I wanted to go canoeing for my birthday. So we did. We took Dylan and Malia, but left the little guys w/ their grandparents/uncles. I like to sit in the back.
Dylan and Malia were so good the whole time. Dylan's hat stayed on the whole time too! They had fun with water guns, that helped.
Corrie swam along side of us for a while. Malia was all about venturing off on her own, but Dylan wanted no part of her adventure. He liked it in his middle row of his canoe. He didn't really want to get in the cold water to cool off. We docked our canoes and ate some lunch.
Throwing food to each other. Sharing lunch is yummy! Then we climbed up to try the rope swing. Watch Darren. That's how it's done.

Or you could watch Andre. That's good form. I, on the other hand, ran right into that tree and bounced off with my feet. Twice. but I was ok.
Group shot of the Darren, Corrie, Lindsay, Scott, Malia shooting Dylan, Steven, me, Andre, and Barbie.
Malia went from canoe to canoe and ended up sitting next to Dylan. They're BFFs after all:)

1 comment:

Kat Gille said...

Looks so gorgeous! Wish I could have been there. And it's a good thing you bounce off of trees with your feet rather than with your ... head ... or anything else. :P And Dylan and Malia are adorable in their little lifejackets. Good call on leaving the littler ones out of this adventure though. Dylan and Malia are more grown up so they can go have fun with the big kids ... er, adults!