Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lindsay's Baby Shower at my house

I hosted Lindsay's baby shower. She's due with baby Lucy Jane next month but doesn't look like it. Maybe because she's so tall??

This is Dylan's-eye-view the night before. He was looking up at the clothes line admiring my work I'm sure:)
Steven took the kids to go celebrate Selene's birthday. I had him take my waterproof camera so I would have to practice with my new one. I kept it in auto most of the time, but played with it a little bit.

First we ate. I didn't bake/cook anything. I sliced fruit and veggies and made a dip for each. I also opened bags of pretzels candies. Some friends thankfully made egg rolls, black bean salsa, and the cupcakes. The games started with the clothes pin game. My grandma took Sally's right away:)Lindsay gave the food a thumbs upÜEverybody played along with my word scramble game. It was quiet so I put my camera in manual mode. There were 15 people there, not including a friend who dropped off a gift early. Here's my happy mom. And look at my grandma's clothes pins! She got 2nd place I think. She won the how-many-M&Ms-are-in-the-baby-bottle game though! Only off by 7 M&Ms when most people were off by about 200!
Aw, Lindsay looks happy. And she hadn't even opened presents yet!
She got lots of gifts, but I'm only going to show the ones I got her, b/c it's my blog I guess:) I didn't buy her a gift. I didn't feel bad though b/c I made a big diaper cake, the plastic fabric gifts (see post below), a baby sling, the clothes line, and the bows on the cake are hair clips from my friend Sarah. (Email me for her contact info.) I painted that baby frame pink and had a brown sharpie for the guests to write notes to baby Lucy. (I later tied ribbons on the pencil holder jars, M&Ms bottle, and even the pink soap in the bathroom:) I don't know if many people took any pink pencils or clothes pins, so I have stuff left over for another baby girl shower. Lindsay opened all of her gifts next. There were even more under the table!She got a lot of good gifts! Some were even hand made, like this soft one from my grandma. She got two soft pink blankets. One was crocheted and one was knitted. I don't know which is which though. I love Lindsay's face when she unrolled her changing pad. She was just as shocked at the laminated fabric as I was when I unrolled it off of the spool.
And Jaynee's face is good in this one. I think she was sick of being in all of the pictures of Lindsay. But she sat in the Maid-of-Honor chair, what do you expect? (I made a wipes case like this for myself even though I have boys. My fabric one got something on it and it's dingy. This one will last and last!)
I am in love with how this little bib turned out. I was wishing that I had a 6 month old baby girl of my own to model it. Lindsay must have read my mind because she held it up for a picture. She makes a good model:) It's reversible and that pocket can flip to the other side for easy cleaning. I think it's genius:) This is my blog so I can brag a little. I'm just surprised that I figured out how to put it together once I pictured it in my mind and that I came up with tieing it with a ribbon instead of heading to Joann's for a snap inserter thingy.
And I like this face when she read the tag and saw that she had another gift from me. So I wrapped the sling separate from the plastic stuff. It's different. She was wondering why I gave her another gift. But after the party she disclosed that she hadn't registered for a baby sling b/c she was secretly hoping that I would make her one. So she shouldn't have been surprised after all. I LOVE my baby slings and although the bib, changing pad, and wipes case aren't needs, to me, a sling is. Oh how I wish I had splurged on a sling or that somebody would have told me about them with Dylan. And speaking of cute little Dylan . . . He showed up to see a bunch of ladies in his living room. He's so sweet. He said hi to everybody and cleaned up some wrapping paper before I convinced him to take a nap.
Picture time! Hey, I'm in a picture! And with the guest of honor!3 generations
I wonder how many baby showers just have one pregnant person there. There are always at least two it seems. We had 4 at ours!

We're excited to meet baby Lucy! I predict that she'll be beautiful, long, and will have dark curly hair.

3 comments:

Lacey McKay said...

She is such a beautiful pregnant lady! She must be very tall because she towers over you and you tower over me! I love all of the fun expressions you captured of her opening her gifts! And I am really, really jealous of the bib you made! Could you make one for Madison too? It looks like it would fit a newborn though, could you make her a bigger one? You can definitely brag about that cute thing!

Kat Gille said...

Dang, Lindsay is SUCH a cute pregnant girl! I can't believe her tummy's not bigger for how far along she is. And it doesn't look like she has gotten chubby anywhere else at all--lucky!!!

Your clothesline decorations are adorable--what a great idea! And I'm thoroughly impressed with your creativity skills. Sheesh!

Side note: Your hair's getting long again! And I think it's interesting in the 3-generation picture that your bangs are dark enough that I can almost sort of imagine what you'd look like with dark hair--I'm not used to that idea at all!!

Lindsay said...

I loved, loved the shower! I really think the sling was my ultimate favorite...but shhhh..don't tell anybody!!! :) Thank you Kat and Lacey (I don't know you Lacey but have heard a lot of good things about you).

I promise the baby is in fact in there and kicking me left and right!! :) She gave me some hard one's last night!!

Thanks again Tiff