Thursday, September 18, 2008

We usually go get a smoothie and go to the park once/week. I love being away from the house where there are so many things I keep thinking about what I should be doing. Here at the park, I can focus on play time! Another mom asked how old Isaac was. I told her 6 months (last month) and she said "well what are you feeding him, protein shakes?" I don't know if I should be offended. She said it in a judging manner and I smiled and she walked away. Awkward! A mom is often over protective of her kids and of her parenting skills. It just wasn't worth telling her that I always make sure the smoothies are ok for nursing moms bla bla bla. And of course I know he's chunky. It must have bothered me that she said that because I'm still thinking about it. It's true that the girls making my smoothie put bananna in it when I asked for them to leave it out, so I really don't know if they did put weight gain protein in it or something. Oh well. At least now I know where the chunkiness comes from I guess! I don't think Isaac is gaining at exponential rates now that he's moving all around. Why do I bother putting a blanket down now? Isaac's first time on a slide. Trying to crawl Jake got this Rays mascot for Dylan that day. Dylan took it down the slide with him. He asked me to watch as he helped Raymond go up the steps. So cute. Raymond didn't go down the slide by himself very well, but this truck zipped right down.

1 comment:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

Well, I've never met Isaac in person, but I've never once thought he looked overweight! He has just the perfect amount of baby fat on him! That lady was just being rude. Forget her.

That playground looks so cute and fun! And Isaac seems like such a happy little guy! I wish he were here so I could snuggle on him!