Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Soccer Mom

I played soccer in high school and liked it. I have wanted to play since, but it's a team sport, so I haven't played in 10 years! 2Dylan's dad was on a coed team, so I think that I invited myself to be on his team. This season, Andre is playing too! I'm not good or anything, but I love that it's my "me time" each week. Steven's been so good about supporting me in it since he knows that I've wanted to play for so long.

So I got my old cleats out, laced them up, and jogged over to the field. Um, they fell apart. Seriously, the whole bottom started splitting and falling off. So I played my first couple of games with slippery running shoes. Rediculous.
Dylan loves it because we get to see his friend, 2Dylan. Look at them run and kick.
Here's Andre, savingg a goal
The boys never stop running circles around Jolyn!

Yesterday, Jolyn watched all 3 boys by herself b/c Steven has 3 trials this week. The week before I had her watch Dylan. Mondays are always busy for Steven b/c he doesn't go in on the weekends like he swears he will when he wants to go home "on time" on Fridays. Thank you Jolyn!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, but now I want to see a picture of YOU playing soccer! Or maybe kicking a ball that's coming at your head--that's the image I have in my mind if I think about you playing soccer. I imagine you're still just as flexible.

Tiffany Feger said...

Well I DID get two calls against me last night. One may have been for a high kick. It's true that I would rather kick a ball than head it if it's comming for my face.

Anonymous said...

Lol. Yay, that makes me happy. :) One of these days you and I are both going to be in Florida for the day-before-Thanksgiving soccer game at Osceola...and we're not going to have a wedding to go to or anything, and you're not going to be big and pregnant...and we're going to play and have FUN! :)

The Stevens said...

It's fun watching the boys. I think it's actually easier to watch my Dylan when yours is there too. Isaac is such a good baby too! I think the Dylans get as much exercise running around as you guys do playing soccer.

Danielle said...

I am jealous. Wish I could be there too.