Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can boys play dress up?

I used to play dress up at my Grandma Rebeck's house but was upset when my feet got too big to fit in her high heels. What's a fancy outfit with the beeds and clip on ear rings without the pumps? She has some tiny feet, and I got my big feet when I was still young enough to play dress up.

She now has these wigs from when she lost her hair while treating her cancers. She's all better now and doesn't need them. Imagine if she had these wigs back when I was a little girl! Poor Dylan didn't know what to think when he looked in the mirror. Is this child abuse? I wonder if I'll ever have a girl?


P.S. Kat, do you see Grandma's new front door?! She also got a new one to her garage. I just noticed that you can see it in this picture over her blue chair so I didn't crop it.

3 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Boys should DEFINITELY play dress-up!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a pretty schnazzy looking door! I hadn't really thought about it, but her old one really did look like it belonged in the seventies . . . or before! So I'm glad she decided it was time for a new one--or two (for the garage).

Also, those boys look pretty funny in Grandma's wigs! Actually, I think the funniest part is that Jonathan looks like that could be his real hair! I guess it's just that his head is more the right size for the wig. Hey, do you remember the time we dressed him up in a (much lower quality) wig and your dark pink apron and took his picture with a muffin tray in his hands? He was probably just a little older than Isaac. We said we were making him look like Grandma. :)

Tiffany Feger said...

Oh yea, and here I did it again. I should have gotten out the aapron and muffin tin. Jonathan hates that picture. That aapron had geese on it. I bet I only have a memory of it b/c there's a picture of it. We should send all of Mom's albums to Matt so we can have them digitized.