Friday, September 26, 2008

GO RAYS!!!!!!

My friend from the Boston area sent me an email with this info. I knew about it, but this is more detailed in case you cared. I think it's pretty cool.

"Your Tampa Bay Rays beat out our Boston Red Sox and the Yankees for the AL East title for the first time in history. That is second to winning the American League Championship. The Red Sox got into the playoffs by winning the wild card, and the Yankees are out (yay!). October starts a clean slate and the overall winners of AL East, West, and Central divisions will be the AL champions. They will play the National League champions for the world series title. The Rays were my second choice after the Red Sox because they deserve it. Their entire team's payroll is less than some single player salaries on the Red Sox and Yankees. Nobody thought they could win the AL East because either the Sox or Yankees win every year. The Rays are good enough to be the World Series champions this year so even if you aren't baseball fans it may be fun to watch them in the playoffs. I can imagine Tampa Bay will be a fun city to be in if they go all the way."

Dylan absolutely LOVES everything Rays. He has been to a couple of games, not as many as past seasons though because the games are all sold out. People were giving away tickets all over the place before the Rays got this good.

Steven and Dylan scored some good tickets last weekend on their last winning home game of the season. It's where they clinched a spot in the play offs. Jake informed me that they just clinched the division. I really don't follow it enough myself. All I know is that if I ever have a question, I can ask any one of the Szasz boys and they'll give me more info than I need. They are number 1 super fans of the Rays for sure.

Their
dad is an expert heckler. You can even Google him or "happy heckler" and will find articles about him. I just found that his name is in wikipedia. I wonder if he knows that:) He uses only clean language and lots of real stats to get under the "other guys'" skin. He even wrote a book about it. http://www.thehappyheckler.com/ You can hear him in the background when you watch the Rays on TV.

Bonnie got Dylan this
Rays
outfit. We seriously need to get him another one b/c he wears it every time it comes out of the dryer. They also got him a glove (this one's from Uncle Andre), the Raymond doll, soft baseballs, the lunch bag, the cow bell, the batting hat, and the megaphone from the Happy Heckler night when Rob's book came out.

He needs a Rays sippy cup.
Thanks for the tickets Jeff!
Uncle Andre is hitting Dylan with the new bat he got that night.

No comments: