Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The "Big Juice"

Kat wrote about Dylan's love of his new "big juice." I found a really cool surf shop that has baby surf clothes. I put their link on the right, it's Bent Frame Kids. They even had matching daddy stuff in time for Father's Day, but they were out of either my boys' sizes or Steven's by the time I found the shop. The owner could have ordered things for me in time for Father's Day, but not in time for me to find time to go pick it up before we left on our Keys vacation. These Etnies were half off and oh so worth it. They're velcro, so Dylan can put them on himself. I thought they'd last so Isaac could use them too, but I'm not so sure now. Dylan is wearing them to death. He even insisted on wearing them to church. Yea, he looked like a little punk w/ his messy hair and shorts. He is still a little angel on the inside though and went up in front of the congregation at church to tell everybody that he likes church and wearing ties. I added to his first testimony and said a few words on why I like church and have faith in Christ. After all, it's our last testimony meeting before we move into my parents' congregation.

I was early to church so we had time to kill. (I'm on time, maybe, but never early to church!) We pulled over when I spotted this kodak moment. We only spent a max of 5 min b/c I didn't want to start to sweat, oh yea, or be late to church. I would have prefered a skate park, but this did the trick for me. It's at the end of a street right in this neighborhood. I'm not sure if I like the first picture or the one where he's pointing better. What do you think? Vote Now!
Pic your vav pic on the right there where he's pointing!




It's so hard for me to get him to look at my camera. I've been trying to get a picture of his light brown big eyes. I won't give up, but I'm not going to push it. Also, why is his shirt so blown out white in every single picture? I have way too much to learn.

4 comments:

betsey said...

I like the pointing one best. He is so adorable Tiffy! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the one where he is looking right at the camera. What a beautiful boy! You should frame that one.

Anonymous said...

I too like the pointing one best, but the voting thing isn't showing up, so I'm just going to tell you here. And I also LOVE the one where he's sitting on the fence and laughing. What a cute kid!!!

The Stevens said...

These pictures are so cute. Good job and I thought he looked cute that day at church!

The Cardines said...

Hey Tiffany,

I only know the basics about photography, but the reason your pictures have some over-exposed areas is because with the your camera you have little control over the settings of the camera. Therefore, the camera meters the whole scene that you are taking a picture of and if there is a dynamic range of colors, some of parts of the picture (like the highlights and shadows) will lose detail (which is why the shirt is blown out). It also could be the time of day and if it is really sunny. I suggest- maybe putting him under the tree or in open shade and making the picture. I hope this helps.

Keshia