Wednesday, June 25, 2008

BFFs

Dylan wakes up in the morning and asks about Malia's house and "watch boots" (a Diego/Dora character). Dora is usually on when I drop them off or go over to watch the kids. I go there every day since I'm not in our new house yet. Dylan and Malia are like brother and sister. They know how to get on each other's nerves, but they also know how to get along together. Sometimes they are too quiet and I go hunt for them. Sometimes Dylan is happy that Malia knows how to plug the bathroom sink and they watch and wait for it to fill to the propper splashing level. I'm lucky if I catch them before that time. When they aren't plotting together, they are playing together. Here, they are sitting at their little table having tea time with their sippy cups.
They are probably the happiest when I let them go "hide hide" (outside). Malia is fond of the bugs she finds. She mothers them and worries about them when I don't let her bring them inside. Dylan is interested in them, but he wants to squish them. Malia has to be extra protective when he's around!They're good workers too. I got out the broom to sweep off the porch then had to go find another because they wanted to take over for me. Then I was edging with a shovel. Dylan took his shirt off to show me how it's done.
This is the chlorox sanitizing spray. I didn't let them have my spray when we were trying to clean the Rosco paw prints off of the door.
Time for a snack together! They both love watermellon.
Only Dylan likes mango though. Malia prefers to play with her bugs.

When Corrie and were pregnant and hatching or plan to babysit for each other, we knew our babies would either love each other or would hate one another. Well, it's a perfect ballance.

1 comment:

betsey said...

I love these two! It is so nice that they have each other as friends. It is all the benefits of having a sibling close in age, but none of the hard parts (like actually having twins!)

All of these pictures are so adorable! I like the one where Malia is mothering the bugs. So cute!