Friday, June 13, 2008

Aunt Dat continues . . .

I thought of another funny thing Dylan did. On Wednesday evening, just a few hours after his mom had left, he was jumping on the trampoline, and I was standing beside it holding Isaac. Dylan kept saying, "Watch dis, I-gick!" When he was sure Isaac was watching, he'd jump around in a circle or land on his rear end or something. After a while he got tired of that and asked where his mommy was. I told him that she was driving to the Keys, but that we could call her. Dylan seemed happy with that idea, so I called Tiffany and put her on speaker phone. I then held up my cell phone and told Dylan to say hi to his mommy. He obeyed, then promptly said, "Watch dis, Mommy!" and started jumping around again. Then he stopped, repeated his command in the direction of my phone, and jumped some more. I guess it only makes sense that if he can hear his mommy through the phone, she should be able to see him through it too!

1 comment:

by: Brian and Lacey McKay said...

How fun! I guess I missed that Tiffany was going on a vacation this week! You're pretty brave taking on two small kids for that long! I took care of Keller and Kamryn once for a couple of days when Kamryn was only 6 weeks old and by the time they got back, I was sure I wanted to wait a long time before starting a family of my own! It's a little easier when they're your own though because you get to learn a little at a time. I mean, I have an almost two-year-old and I've still never taken a toddler and an infant anywhere by myself before! To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed by the thought of this next one that's on the way! I plan to just not leave the house very often in the beginning, which should be pretty easy considering I'm due in January.

So I bet Tiff misses them SO much! It's nice of you to take the time to write about what they're up to and post pics and everything! Tell her to call me when she gets home! I've been wanting to talk to that girl!